Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

capturing screenshot of a remote machine

gantaitgantait Posts: 18Member
hi all. I want to capture desktop screenshot of a machine conected by LAN and IP is fixed.Is it possible to take screenshot of that machine by a java program that will run on my machine and capture the screenshot of that machine? If possible pls help me to do this.

Comments

• IDKIDK Posts: 1,784Member
    : hi all. I want to capture desktop screenshot of a machine conected by LAN and IP is fixed.Is it possible to take screenshot of that machine by a java program that will run on my machine and capture the screenshot of that machine? If possible pls help me to do this.
    :
    It is impossible, in all languages.
    You will need some program on that computer to make it work.
  • Josh CodeJosh Code Posts: 675Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by Josh Code at 2006-7-31 19:2:56[/red][/b][hr]
    : : hi all. I want to capture desktop screenshot of a machine conected by LAN and IP is fixed.Is it possible to take screenshot of that machine by a java program that will run on my machine and capture the screenshot of that machine? If possible pls help me to do this.
    : :
    : It is impossible, in all languages.
    : You will need some program on that computer to make it work.
    :

If you could run a program on that machine, it could be done.

Let me call the computer with a fixed IP, S so I don't have to keep describing it with each reference to it.

What I am proposing would be a client and server that communicate to capture, send and recieve the screen shot.

Using java.awt.Robot, you can use
    BufferedImage createScreenCapture(Rectangle screenRect)
    to get a screen capture.

The easiest way to transmit the image would probably be if the screen capture program also used a ServerSocket and sent the image through the socket back to the remote computer.

As most servers, the screen capture server would run constantly on S and be waiting for requests for the screen capture. The client simply connects when it wants a screen capture. When a connection is made, the server makes the image and sends it through the Socket back to the client.

This kind of software is aleady available.. Virtual Network Computing(RealVNC) uses the same kind of client/server architecture.
    http://www.realvnc.com/what.html