My Portfolio Site - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

My Portfolio Site

Garrett85Garrett85 Posts: 168Member
I am currently building a resume and portfolio site. I am placing a navigation menue at the top and left site of the page. I am trying to plave a "|" inbetween each link. I was wondering if it would be best to just place straight link in the page or to build them in a html list. When answering this question please take into consideration that I am trying to use CSS for all layaout designs, and styles. Thanks

Comments

• mac_doggiemac_doggie Posts: 488Member
    : I am currently building a resume and portfolio site. I am placing a navigation menue at the top and left site of the page. I am trying to plave a "|" inbetween each link. I was wondering if it would be best to just place straight link in the page or to build them in a html list. When answering this question please take into consideration that I am trying to use CSS for all layaout designs, and styles. Thanks
    :
    :
    Hi,

I always use

[code]

ul { list-style-type : none; }
    li {float: left; border-left: 1px solid #000000;padding: 0px 10px;}
    .firstitem {border-left: none;}

[/code]

If someones browser doesn't support css (for whatever reason [e.g. palmtop or phone etc..]) It does show a nice list with the links...

Hope this will help you out...
    If you have anymore questions.. just post them or mail me
    ;-)
    -mac-
    mailto:[email protected]
    the Netherlands...