Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

ASM study guide, for brainbench.com asm test

phluxphlux Posts: 1Member
Hi
I am writing a study guide for brainbench.com's ASM test.

First a little about brainbench.com they are a certified testing center partnered with many companies, and they seem to be pretty good. The tests i wrote were easy except the typing test, the digital forensics one which might still be free was 20 questions. Most tests are about 40 questions..

Anyways check em out. lots of computers/programming tests and others aswell. One that stands out is the sexual harassment test hehe.

Anyways, in the course outline, the first section goes as follows.. my question i think requires a dragon book(compiler design)

Test Outline
-Addressing Modes
Effective Addresses
Impact on Execution Cycles
Impact on Instruction Size
Which Mode to Use

Impact on Execution Cycles and Impact on Instruction size.. all i could find was information for the 286, can anyone help me out here?

Ive just been searching the internet, and i think i searched pretty thorough, though i dont know if google parsed shit from the intel docs, so maybe ill check those.. they are on another computer and i dont feel like downloading them right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks