write after page-load - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

write after page-load

PfernPfern Posts: 2Member
Hello,

I have a select field populated with people's names. Beside the select field is open space. I want to display the name of the company the person works for after the select field in this blank space. However, all I can manage to do is write a newpage (because the function is called after the page load). Is there anyway to display this information using ASP or JavaScript? I see many ways to dynamically change images online, but nothing about changing text embedded in a table after a page load. Code snippets are below: (However wrong they may be/are)

Response.Write("")

var tester = "";
function DisplayComp(incoming) {
if (incoming) {
tester = incoming;
}
document.write(incoming);
}

I know the logic will only display YES, but if I could get it to display yes there, I believe I could figure the rest out about displaying the correct company name. I figured I'd start small.

Comments

• NCS_OneNCS_One Posts: 170Member
    : Hello,
    :
    : I have a select field populated with people's names. Beside the select field is open space. I want to display the name of the company the person works for after the select field in this blank space. However, all I can manage to do is write a newpage (because the function is called after the page load). Is there anyway to display this information using ASP or JavaScript? I see many ways to dynamically change images online, but nothing about changing text embedded in a table after a page load. Code snippets are below: (However wrong they may be/are)
    :
    :
    : Response.Write("")
    :
    :
    :
    : var tester = "";
    : function DisplayComp(incoming) {
    : if (incoming) {
    : tester = incoming;
    : }
    : document.write(incoming);
    : }
    :
    :
    : I know the logic will only display YES, but if I could get it to display yes there, I believe I could figure the rest out about displaying the correct company name. I figured I'd start small.
    :

Hi

Not really sure this is what you want but here it goes :

[code]

Teste4

function HandleClick()
    {
    Div1.innerText = "ProgrammersHeaven";
    }

ProgrammersHeaven

[/code]

Hope it helps.
  • PfernPfern Posts: 2Member
    Thanks. That is perfect. I was trying to make it too hard. Thanks again.