Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Writing to database

BumblerBumbler Posts: 14Member
I have to link several programs together and they all have to get data from one another, does anyone have any suggestions on how to take the data they generate and save it so that the programs can access it easily? Any suggestions would be a big help.

Comments

• infidelinfidel Posts: 2,900Member
    : I have to link several programs together and they all have to get data from one another, does anyone have any suggestions on how to take the data they generate and save it so that the programs can access it easily? Any suggestions would be a big help.

You could use any number of databases. You could also use files, perhaps XML. You could simply have the programs read stdin and write to stdout and pipe the output from one to another at the command line.

I guess it depends somewhat on what the programs have to do with the data.

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]