Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Databinding in javascript

ppayalppayal Posts: 1Member
Hi!

I am stuck with a problem. I am working with Visual Studio.NET 2003 in C#.

Scenario:

Webform1:

I have a webform (say webform1) on which many textboxes,dropdownlists etc are present. One of them is a listbox(listbox1) control which is blank . By the side of it there is a button (Button1). The user should fill up some textboxes etc (which are above the listbox1) before clicking the 'Button1'. After clicking the 'Button1' , a 'webform2' opens.

Webform2:

In 'webform2', there are two listboxes: 'listbox2' and 'listbox3' and 2 buttons: 'button2' and 'button3' .

Now, when the user chooses values in 'listbox2' and presses 'button2' , 'listbox3' should fill up with values. When the user chooses values in 'listbox3' and then clicks 'button3' then 'webform2' should close and the values selected in 'listbox2' and 'listbox3' should be combined as :

listbox2 value(listbox3 value)

and should be displayed in 'listbox1' in 'webform1'. Here, care should be taken so that 'webform1' doesn't lose values previously entered by user.

Problem 1: Whenever I select values in 'listbox2' (Webform2)and click on 'button2' then 'listbox3' should databind() values from sql server . I want to use SqlDataAdapter for databinding 'listbox3' using javascript. How should I implement this using javascript?

Problem 2: I want to return selected values in 'listbox2' and selected values in 'listbox3' back to webform1. Please suggest how both values can be returned back using javascript.

Thanks and regards,

ap.

Comments

• mac_doggiemac_doggie Posts: 488Member
    : Hi!
    :
    : I am stuck with a problem. I am working with Visual Studio.NET 2003 in C#.
    :
    : Scenario:
    :
    : Webform1:
    :
    : I have a webform (say webform1) on which many textboxes,dropdownlists etc are present. One of them is a listbox(listbox1) control which is blank . By the side of it there is a button (Button1). The user should fill up some textboxes etc (which are above the listbox1) before clicking the 'Button1'. After clicking the 'Button1' , a 'webform2' opens.
    :
    : Webform2:
    :
    : In 'webform2', there are two listboxes: 'listbox2' and 'listbox3' and 2 buttons: 'button2' and 'button3' .
    :
    : Now, when the user chooses values in 'listbox2' and presses 'button2' , 'listbox3' should fill up with values. When the user chooses values in 'listbox3' and then clicks 'button3' then 'webform2' should close and the values selected in 'listbox2' and 'listbox3' should be combined as :
    :
    : listbox2 value(listbox3 value)
    :
    : and should be displayed in 'listbox1' in 'webform1'. Here, care should be taken so that 'webform1' doesn't lose values previously entered by user.
    :
    : Problem 1: Whenever I select values in 'listbox2' (Webform2)and click on 'button2' then 'listbox3' should databind() values from sql server . I want to use SqlDataAdapter for databinding 'listbox3' using javascript. How should I implement this using javascript?
    :
    : Problem 2: I want to return selected values in 'listbox2' and selected values in 'listbox3' back to webform1. Please suggest how both values can be returned back using javascript.
    :
    :
    : Thanks and regards,
    :
    : ap.
    :

Try putting your data on beforehand in another select... (Server side... parse the in your html... Use