Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Can't read disabled textarea

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else on the forum:
I have a textarea whose contents have to be entered into an Oracle table.
However this textarea is disabled just before the data is entered.
Data from a disabled textarea will not go into the table,it just comes up blank.
I can use a hidden textarea and transfer the text to it but the textarea is not hidden, it appears as a line for some reason.
Is there some way I can cast the variable the textarea contents are holding so it will be entered into the table?

Comments

• ManningManning Member Posts: 1,621
    : Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else on the forum:
    : I have a textarea whose contents have to be entered into an Oracle table.
    : However this textarea is disabled just before the data is entered.
    : Data from a disabled textarea will not go into the table,it just comes up blank.
    : I can use a hidden textarea and transfer the text to it but the textarea is not hidden, it appears as a line for some reason.
    : Is there some way I can cast the variable the textarea contents are holding so it will be entered into the table?

Not sure what the "appears as a line" means, but if you want a visible text area whose contents will be posted back with a form, try making it read-only instead of making it disabled. Should do the trick.
  • maajmerimaajmeri Member Posts: 9
    well before you submit the form just enable that textarea and then submit the form you can do it by javascript at client side.

Think, think again there is no undo in life
    Annu
    http://www.superdiscountshop.com/