convert from java to exe - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

convert from java to exe

ronen82ronen82 Posts: 10Member
I finished building my java application and now i want to merge it all into an *.exe executable.

I used eclipse to build the app, is there a way to do this in eclipse?

and if not, do i need to define something in windows, like a class path, or something, before i can create the exe ? if so, what exactly is needed.

thank you

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I finished building my java application and now i want to merge it all into an *.exe executable.
    :
    : I used eclipse to build the app, is there a way to do this in eclipse?
    :
    : and if not, do i need to define something in windows, like a class path, or something, before i can create the exe ? if so, what exactly is needed.
    :
    : thank you
    :
    You either need a windows java compiler (probably downloadable from java.sun.com) or write a batch file which calls the JVM and loads your application into it.
  • ronen82ronen82 Posts: 10Member
    : : I finished building my java application and now i want to merge it all into an *.exe executable.
    : :
    : : I used eclipse to build the app, is there a way to do this in eclipse?
    : : and if not, do i need to define something in windows, like a class path, or something, before i can create the exe ? if so, what exactly is needed.
    : : thank you
    : You either need a windows java compiler (probably downloadable from java.sun.com) or write a batch file which calls the JVM and loads your application into it.
    :

thanks, already found the answer using the search for old topics
  • programmersingprogrammersing Posts: 3Member
    : I finished building my java application and now i want to merge it all into an *.exe executable.
    :
    : I used eclipse to build the app, is there a way to do this in eclipse?
    :
    : and if not, do i need to define something in windows, like a class path, or something, before i can create the exe ? if so, what exactly is needed.
    :
    : thank you
    :
    4 u to merge it, you need to take not of some certain things like the drive you intend to use and the disk to transfer to
    sing

• snowmansnowman Posts: 2Member

This article has all the information you need:

http://www.excelsior-usa.com/articles/java-to-exe.html

Abstract. The simple fact that Java applications need a JRE to run makes their deployment a more complicated task than if they were native executables. This article presents the ways of transforming a Java program into a native executable, as well as alternative ways to achieve the same goals. The Resources section points to numerous related documents, articles and tools.