Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

convert from java to exe

ronen82ronen82 Posts: 10Member
I finished building my java application and now i want to merge it all into an *.exe executable.

I used eclipse to build the app, is there a way to do this in eclipse?

and if not, do i need to define something in windows, like a class path, or something, before i can create the exe ? if so, what exactly is needed.

thank you

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I finished building my java application and now i want to merge it all into an *.exe executable.
    :
    : I used eclipse to build the app, is there a way to do this in eclipse?
    :
    : and if not, do i need to define something in windows, like a class path, or something, before i can create the exe ? if so, what exactly is needed.
    :
    : thank you
    :
    You either need a windows java compiler (probably downloadable from java.sun.com) or write a batch file which calls the JVM and loads your application into it.
  • ronen82ronen82 Posts: 10Member
    : : I finished building my java application and now i want to merge it all into an *.exe executable.
    : :
    : : I used eclipse to build the app, is there a way to do this in eclipse?
    : : and if not, do i need to define something in windows, like a class path, or something, before i can create the exe ? if so, what exactly is needed.
    : : thank you
    : You either need a windows java compiler (probably downloadable from java.sun.com) or write a batch file which calls the JVM and loads your application into it.
    :

thanks, already found the answer using the search for old topics
  • programmersingprogrammersing Posts: 3Member
    : I finished building my java application and now i want to merge it all into an *.exe executable.
    :
    : I used eclipse to build the app, is there a way to do this in eclipse?
    :
    : and if not, do i need to define something in windows, like a class path, or something, before i can create the exe ? if so, what exactly is needed.
    :
    : thank you
    :
    4 u to merge it, you need to take not of some certain things like the drive you intend to use and the disk to transfer to
    sing

• snowmansnowman Posts: 2Member

This article has all the information you need:

http://www.excelsior-usa.com/articles/java-to-exe.html

Abstract. The simple fact that Java applications need a JRE to run makes their deployment a more complicated task than if they were native executables. This article presents the ways of transforming a Java program into a native executable, as well as alternative ways to achieve the same goals. The Resources section points to numerous related documents, articles and tools.