Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Tomcat acting strangely, struts not working properly

homerocdahomerocda Member Posts: 87
[b][red]This message was edited by homerocda at 2006-5-27 5:35:38[/red][/b][hr]
Hi everybody,

I'm having some trouble with Tomcat 5.5 on my machine.
First of all, the server simply does not work sometimes. When I request some app for it, it delivers a blank page, even if the file does not exist. I've tried restarting it, but does not work. Just after a few machine reboots it starts to work fine again.
I'm using Windows XP and jsdk 1.5.06. Do you have any idea why this problem is happening?

The other problem is with struts.
I've created an application on my webapps folder, copied the libraries and tag descriptors needed, compiled the sources successfully and wrote the struts-config.xml for my app. But it's not working properly. =/
I'm trying the first example of the "Struts In Action" book. The JSP form page is shown fine, but when I send the data, either if the request succeeds or fails i receive a blank page. It looks like the forward is not happening. =/

Below is my struts-config.xml file:
[code]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
"-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.0//EN"
"http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd">

[/code]

Thanks to you all.
Homero C. de Almeida

[italic]There's no dishonour in failure. For we aren't allowed to know wheter we'll achieve success or not. There is only one final shame, the cowardice of not trying.[/italic]

Comments

• ajithlsbuajithlsbu Member Posts: 1
    : [b][red]This message was edited by homerocda at 2006-5-27 5:35:38[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi everybody,
    :
    : I'm having some trouble with Tomcat 5.5 on my machine.
    : First of all, the server simply does not work sometimes. When I request some app for it, it delivers a blank page, even if the file does not exist. I've tried restarting it, but does not work. Just after a few machine reboots it starts to work fine again.
    : I'm using Windows XP and jsdk 1.5.06. Do you have any idea why this problem is happening?
    :
    : The other problem is with struts.
    : I've created an application on my webapps folder, copied the libraries and tag descriptors needed, compiled the sources successfully and wrote the struts-config.xml for my app. But it's not working properly. =/
    : I'm trying the first example of the "Struts In Action" book. The JSP form page is shown fine, but when I send the data, either if the request succeeds or fails i receive a blank page. It looks like the forward is not happening. =/
    :
    : Below is my struts-config.xml file:
    : [code]
    : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    : <!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC
    : "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.0//EN"
    : "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd">
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : [/code]
    :
    : Thanks to you all.
    : Homero C. de Almeida
    :
    : [italic]There's no dishonour in failure. For we aren't allowed to know wheter we'll achieve success or not. There is only one final shame, the cowardice of not trying.[/italic]
    :
    :
    :