Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Creating an SQL statement Copy(backup) of my access database

mhrdmhrd Member Posts: 37
Hi,
I want to export my tables in access to MySQL server ,
How can i do this?
Can I create a backup of my access database including "CREATE TABLE " and other statements to execute in MySQL?
thx.

Comments

• HackmanCHackmanC Member Posts: 441
    [b][red]This message was edited by HackmanC at 2006-6-1 15:39:53[/red][/b][hr]
    In access there is no option to Generate SQL Script. And even when SQL is ANSI there are a few difereces between Access DDL and MySQL DDL, some times there is no penalty in design, but in some cases is fatal for applications (order of indexes and so on).

Install the ODBC driver for MySQL (download from www.mysql.com), then export the tables in the database from Acces to MySQL with the MySQL ODBC Driver.

To Export, create and configure an ODBC Connection in the Control Panel of Windows, then open the database in Access, select Export in the File Menu, select ODBC Database in type, and press Ok, then you select the previos configured ODBC Connection.

-----------
    : Hi,
    : I want to export my tables in access to MySQL server ,
    : How can i do this?
    : Can I create a backup of my access database including "CREATE TABLE " and other statements to execute in MySQL?
    : thx.
    :

[red]Good luck![/red]
    [blue]Hackman[/blue]