Using F1book (Activex) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Using F1book (Activex)

Hello,

I have a ridiculously easy question but I'm having quite a bit of trouble with what should be a simple command. I'm using an F1book on my form in Delphi 7 and I essentially want to know how to open up an excel spreadsheet through the F1book, without opening up Excel itself. I tried messing around with the Filename and read procedures but have had no luck. Any help would be most appreciated.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hello,
    :
    : I have a ridiculously easy question but I'm having quite a bit of trouble with what should be a simple command. I'm using an F1book on my form in Delphi 7 and I essentially want to know how to open up an excel spreadsheet through the F1book, without opening up Excel itself. I tried messing around with the Filename and read procedures but have had no luck. Any help would be most appreciated.
    :
    I would use the OleContainer for that. It will load the necessary parts of Excel inside your program and load the sheet into that.