Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

date format and sql-query

The date setting on the VB interface & database is d/m/yyyy. If the date falls on 12 Dec onwards,it saved into the Access database as d/m/yyyy (correct format). If the date fall on day 1 to 11 it is save as format m/d/yyyy. When I want to count the number of days between 9/12/2002 & 15/12/2002, it gives wrong figure due to the d/m & m/d

How come it is not able to save into database as d/m/yyyy format?
How to do it in order to save it as d/m/yyyy & retrieve the date in d/m/yyyy format?

Regards

Cheyenne

Comments

• BarkeeperBarkeeper Member Posts: 335
    What DB-Backend are you using? Access?

Zvoni

: The date setting on the VB interface & database is d/m/yyyy. If the date falls on 12 Dec onwards,it saved into the Access database as d/m/yyyy (correct format). If the date fall on day 1 to 11 it is save as format m/d/yyyy. When I want to count the number of days between 9/12/2002 & 15/12/2002, it gives wrong figure due to the d/m & m/d
    :
    : How come it is not able to save into database as d/m/yyyy format?
    : How to do it in order to save it as d/m/yyyy & retrieve the date in d/m/yyyy format?
    :
    : Regards
    :
    : Cheyenne
    :

------------------------------------------
    Only stupidity of mankind and the universe
    are infinite, but i'm not sure concerning
    the universe. A. Einstein

• CheyenneCheyenne Member Posts: 28
    : What DB-Backend are you using? Access?
    :
    : Zvoni
    :
    : : The date setting on the VB interface & database is d/m/yyyy. If the date falls on 12 Dec onwards,it saved into the Access database as d/m/yyyy (correct format). If the date fall on day 1 to 11 it is save as format m/d/yyyy. When I want to count the number of days between 9/12/2002 & 15/12/2002, it gives wrong figure due to the d/m & m/d
    : :
    : : How come it is not able to save into database as d/m/yyyy format?
    : : How to do it in order to save it as d/m/yyyy & retrieve the date in d/m/yyyy format?
    : : Regards

: : Cheyenne
    :
    : ------------------------------------------
    : Only stupidity of mankind and the universe
    : are infinite, but i'm not sure concerning
    : the universe. A. Einstein
    :
    : Yes I use an Access database, but, I found a solution that I can live with, if I set the datefield in Access to a format "yyyy/MM/dd" then I'm abel to guery the exact date. Maybe something that helps other ones with the same problem.
    Anyway, thanks for the repley.

Regards
    Cheyenne