Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

help with dragging the window

cheekyianscheekyians Member Posts: 3
I have a piece of coursework to draw an openGL scene included in it are is some partical physics where an object moves a set distance depending on its speed etc and the time between the last time it was updated using gettime(). Everything was fine except for when the program freezes such as holding down a key or a mouse button which causes the particals to jump miles. I have fixed it so that when you press a key it doesn't effect it by adding a dummy gettime() at the bottom of the keyboard routine and have done the same to the resize function and the mouse menu but if you drag the window or hold down a mouse button but don't select something from the menu then I am still getting the problems.

Hope someone knows how to fix this.

Ian

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    I am on my PDA at college, so I don't have my reference material with me, but I would look for Windows to send either a WM_MOVE or WM_SIZE message when the window is dragged. I'll look into it more when I get a few minutes.
    -[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]