where is RGB routine? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

where is RGB routine?

I want to use the RGB routine and have found it in the microsoft .net sdk. However I cannot find out exactly where it is - so that I can add the appropriate reference in the uses clause of a unit.

Can anyone help?
Any help much appreciated.

From Tim

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I want to use the RGB routine and have found it in the microsoft .net sdk. However I cannot find out exactly where it is - so that I can add the appropriate reference in the uses clause of a unit.
    :
    : Can anyone help?
    : Any help much appreciated.
    :
    : From Tim
    :
    It is quite simple to create your own unit for routines inside a library. Just type the routine header and specify that it is implemented externally using the "external" reserved word. See more info on "external" in the help files.
  • TJHuntingtonTJHuntington Posts: 6Member
    : : I want to use the RGB routine and have found it in the microsoft .net sdk. However I cannot find out exactly where it is - so that I can add the appropriate reference in the uses clause of a unit.
    : :
    : : Can anyone help?
    : : Any help much appreciated.
    : : From Tim
    : It is quite simple to create your own unit for routines inside a library. Just type the routine header and specify that it is implemented externally using the "external" reserved word. See more info on "external" in the help files.
    :
    Thanks
    It took me quite a while to figure out what name the dll had is their anywhere within the documentation which has a simple list describing all the dlls and the things that they include?
    as always any help much appreciated.

from Tim
    : : : I want to use the RGB routine and have found it in the microsoft .net sdk. However I cannot find out exactly where it is - so that I can add the appropriate reference in the uses clause of a unit.
    : : :
    : : : Can anyone help?
    : : : Any help much appreciated.
    : : : From Tim
    : : It is quite simple to create your own unit for routines inside a library. Just type the routine header and specify that it is implemented externally using the "external" reserved word. See more info on "external" in the help files.
    : Thanks
    : It took me quite a while to figure out what name the dll had is their anywhere within the documentation which has a simple list describing all the dlls and the things that they include?
    : as always any help much appreciated.
    :
    : from Tim
    :
    Probably in the .net sdk documentation. I don't use the .net framework for my projects, so I'm unfamiliar with the format of the .net sdk. You should look through it to see if you can locate the header definition of the routine you want to use.
    : : : : I want to use the RGB routine and have found it in the microsoft .net sdk. However I cannot find out exactly where it is - so that I can add the appropriate reference in the uses clause of a unit.
    : : : :
    : : : : Can anyone help?
    : : : : Any help much appreciated.
    : : : : From Tim
    : : : It is quite simple to create your own unit for routines inside a library. Just type the routine header and specify that it is implemented externally using the "external" reserved word. See more info on "external" in the help files.
    : : Thanks
    : : It took me quite a while to figure out what name the dll had is their anywhere within the documentation which has a simple list describing all the dlls and the things that they include?
    : : as always any help much appreciated.
    : : from Tim
    : Probably in the .net sdk documentation. I don't use the .net framework for my projects, so I'm unfamiliar with the format of the .net sdk. You should look through it to see if you can locate the header definition of the routine you want to use.
    :
    I did manage to locate it in the end 'gdi32.dll' I just put:
    function rgb; external 'GDI32.dll';
    in the interface of the unit - seems to work
    look ok to you?
    but I'll have to find a faster way of locating the relevent dll in the future
    Thanks again
    Tim

[b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-5-14 7:45:34[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : I want to use the RGB routine and have found it in the microsoft .net sdk. However I cannot find out exactly where it is - so that I can add the appropriate reference in the uses clause of a unit.
    : : : : :
    : : : : : Can anyone help?
    : : : : : Any help much appreciated.
    : : : : : From Tim
    : : : : It is quite simple to create your own unit for routines inside a library. Just type the routine header and specify that it is implemented externally using the "external" reserved word. See more info on "external" in the help files.
    : : : Thanks
    : : : It took me quite a while to figure out what name the dll had is their anywhere within the documentation which has a simple list describing all the dlls and the things that they include?
    : : : as always any help much appreciated.
    : : : from Tim
    : : Probably in the .net sdk documentation. I don't use the .net framework for my projects, so I'm unfamiliar with the format of the .net sdk. You should look through it to see if you can locate the header definition of the routine you want to use.
    : I did manage to locate it in the end 'gdi32.dll' I just put:
    : function rgb; external 'GDI32.dll';
    : in the interface of the unit - seems to work
    : look ok to you?
    : but I'll have to find a faster way of locating the relevent dll in the future
    : Thanks again
    : Tim
    :
    :
    The fastest way to locate such info is at http://msdn.microsoft.com . There you can find all the routine headers of nearly all the windows kernel and .net exported routines.
    The function as you give it here misses a result type. It might also miss function parameters, but since I'm unfamiliar with that function I cannot if it needs them.

: [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-5-14 7:45:34[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : I want to use the RGB routine and have found it in the microsoft .net sdk. However I cannot find out exactly where it is - so that I can add the appropriate reference in the uses clause of a unit.
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : : Can anyone help?
    : : : : : : Any help much appreciated.
    : : : : : : From Tim
    : : : : : It is quite simple to create your own unit for routines inside a library. Just type the routine header and specify that it is implemented externally using the "external" reserved word. See more info on "external" in the help files.
    : : : : Thanks
    : : : : It took me quite a while to figure out what name the dll had is their anywhere within the documentation which has a simple list describing all the dlls and the things that they include?
    : : : : as always any help much appreciated.
    : : : : from Tim
    : : : Probably in the .net sdk documentation. I don't use the .net framework for my projects, so I'm unfamiliar with the format of the .net sdk. You should look through it to see if you can locate the header definition of the routine you want to use.
    : : I did manage to locate it in the end 'gdi32.dll' I just put:
    : : function rgb; external 'GDI32.dll';
    : : in the interface of the unit - seems to work
    : : look ok to you?
    : : but I'll have to find a faster way of locating the relevent dll in the future
    : : Thanks again
    : : Tim
    : The fastest way to locate such info is at http://msdn.microsoft.com . There you can find all the routine headers of nearly all the windows kernel and .net exported routines.
    : The function as you give it here misses a result type. It might also miss function parameters, but since I'm unfamiliar with that function I cannot if it needs them.
    :
    :
    :
    Thanks
    had a look
    changed it to:
    function rgb(red,green,blue):integer; external 'GDI32.dll';
    I wasnt sure if type and parameters were required in the decleration of something already defined.

from
    Tim
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by zibadian at 2006-5-14 7:45:34[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : : : I want to use the RGB routine and have found it in the microsoft .net sdk. However I cannot find out exactly where it is - so that I can add the appropriate reference in the uses clause of a unit.
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : Can anyone help?
    : : : : : : : Any help much appreciated.
    : : : : : : : From Tim
    : : : : : : It is quite simple to create your own unit for routines inside a library. Just type the routine header and specify that it is implemented externally using the "external" reserved word. See more info on "external" in the help files.
    : : : : : Thanks
    : : : : : It took me quite a while to figure out what name the dll had is their anywhere within the documentation which has a simple list describing all the dlls and the things that they include?
    : : : : : as always any help much appreciated.
    : : : : : from Tim
    : : : : Probably in the .net sdk documentation. I don't use the .net framework for my projects, so I'm unfamiliar with the format of the .net sdk. You should look through it to see if you can locate the header definition of the routine you want to use.
    : : : I did manage to locate it in the end 'gdi32.dll' I just put:
    : : : function rgb; external 'GDI32.dll';
    : : : in the interface of the unit - seems to work
    : : : look ok to you?
    : : : but I'll have to find a faster way of locating the relevent dll in the future
    : : : Thanks again
    : : : Tim
    : : The fastest way to locate such info is at http://msdn.microsoft.com . There you can find all the routine headers of nearly all the windows kernel and .net exported routines.
    : : The function as you give it here misses a result type. It might also miss function parameters, but since I'm unfamiliar with that function I cannot if it needs them.
    : Thanks
    : had a look
    : changed it to:
    : function rgb(red,green,blue):integer; external 'GDI32.dll';
    : I wasnt sure if type and parameters were required in the decleration of something already defined.
    :
    : from
    : Tim
    :
    They are required and must match the type and parameters precisely of the previous definition of the routine.