calling another projects form from a current project - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

calling another projects form from a current project

kdmoonkdmoon Posts: 16Member
after importing another vb.net project into a current vb.net project, how would i go about calling a existing form from the project i imported into the current project?

Comments

• DrMartenDrMarten Posts: 748Member
    : after importing another vb.net project into a current vb.net project, how would i go about calling a existing form from the project i imported into the current project?
    :
    ======================================================================

Hi,

I'm guessing at something like>>

[code]

myOtherProjectsName.Form1.Show()

[/code]

instead of the usual Me.Form1.Show()

Obviously change [b][blue]myOtherProjectsName[/blue][/b] to match your other project name.

Could be worth a try....?

Dr M.

• kdmoonkdmoon Posts: 16Member
    : : after importing another vb.net project into a current vb.net project, how would i go about calling a existing form from the project i imported into the current project?
    : :
    : ======================================================================
    :
    : Hi,
    :
    : I'm guessing at something like>>
    :
    : [code]
    :
    : myOtherProjectsName.Form1.Show()
    :
    : [/code]
    :
    : instead of the usual Me.Form1.Show()
    :
    : Obviously change [b][blue]myOtherProjectsName[/blue][/b] to match your other project name.
    :
    : Could be worth a try....?
    :
    : Dr M.
    :
    :

• kdmoonkdmoon Posts: 16Member
    : : : after importing another vb.net project into a current vb.net project, how would i go about calling a existing form from the project i imported into the current project?
    : : :
    : : ======================================================================
    : : Hi,
    : : I'm guessing at something like>>
    : : [code]
    : : myOtherProjectsName.Form1.Show()
    : : [/code]
    : : instead of the usual Me.Form1.Show()
    : : Obviously change [b][blue]myOtherProjectsName[/blue][/b] to match your other project name.
    : : Could be worth a try....?
    : : Dr M.
    :
    :
    Ok i have tried that but no luck.
  • dokken2dokken2 Posts: 532Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by dokken2 at 2006-5-15 5:40:25[/red][/b][hr]
    : Ok i have tried that but no luck.
    :

remember scope and that by just adding Proj2 to Proj1, neither project can 'see' the other [even when declaring a module in Proj2 as Public or Friend]. need to add a Reference to one of the projects- Add Reference, Project tab, Select the project. however, like with VB6 it seems that the add-in project must be a DLL, in my test VB.Net indicated an error with a simple form project.