Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Error alerting 2x

jfarthingjfarthing Posts: 1Member
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could take a look at this and tell me why I get the alert message 2x when ever there is an error condition.

This is the complete script, and basically I have 2 radio button groups and am checking for a selection in each group. That works fine. But when something is not selected in one of the groups, I get the alert box. Click OK and I get it again.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks for reading this!
Jim

Comments

• CyGuyCyGuy Posts: 312Member
    : Hi all,
    :
    : Was wondering if anyone could take a look at this and tell me why I get the alert message 2x when ever there is an error condition.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : This is the complete script, and basically I have 2 radio button groups and am checking for a selection in each group. That works fine. But when something is not selected in one of the groups, I get the alert box. Click OK and I get it again.
    :
    : Any ideas out there?
    :
    : Thanks for reading this!
    : Jim
    :
    HEya Jim,
    Hard to tell w/0 HTML naming conventions are funny.
    if ya start @0 .length-1 may help, however
    FoundSpreadAndFoundTile're gonna bg null '0

[green]WHAT you;see_is_what=you.get;[/green]
    -Russ aka DangeRuss

• aaronjones3593aaronjones3593 Posts: 122Member
    : : Hi all,
    : :
    : : Was wondering if anyone could take a look at this and tell me why I get the alert message 2x when ever there is an error condition.
    : : This is the complete script, and basically I have 2 radio button groups and am checking for a selection in each group. That works fine. But when something is not selected in one of the groups, I get the alert box. Click OK and I get it again.
    : : Any ideas out there?
    : : Thanks for reading this!
    : : Jim
    : HEya Jim,
    : Hard to tell w/0 HTML naming conventions are funny.
    : if ya start @0 .length-1 may help, however
    : FoundSpreadAndFoundTile're gonna bg null '0
    :
    : [green]WHAT you;see_is_what=you.get;[/green]
    : -Russ aka DangeRuss
    :
    :

Because it is a function, I think it is something like this in your HTML. (I don't know for certain, because it isn't here.)

onclick="if(validate()==false){alert(ErrStr)}"

or you have something similar in another function. make sure that there is only validate() being called, not within an if... statement

-( Aaron )-

"Pain does not hurt, if it's all you've ever felt."