Error alerting 2x - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Error alerting 2x

jfarthingjfarthing Posts: 1Member
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone could take a look at this and tell me why I get the alert message 2x when ever there is an error condition.

This is the complete script, and basically I have 2 radio button groups and am checking for a selection in each group. That works fine. But when something is not selected in one of the groups, I get the alert box. Click OK and I get it again.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks for reading this!
Jim

Comments

• CyGuyCyGuy Posts: 312Member
    : Hi all,
    :
    : Was wondering if anyone could take a look at this and tell me why I get the alert message 2x when ever there is an error condition.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : This is the complete script, and basically I have 2 radio button groups and am checking for a selection in each group. That works fine. But when something is not selected in one of the groups, I get the alert box. Click OK and I get it again.
    :
    : Any ideas out there?
    :
    : Thanks for reading this!
    : Jim
    :
    HEya Jim,
    Hard to tell w/0 HTML naming conventions are funny.
    if ya start @0 .length-1 may help, however
    FoundSpreadAndFoundTile're gonna bg null '0

[green]WHAT you;see_is_what=you.get;[/green]
    -Russ aka DangeRuss

• aaronjones3593aaronjones3593 Posts: 122Member
    : : Hi all,
    : :
    : : Was wondering if anyone could take a look at this and tell me why I get the alert message 2x when ever there is an error condition.
    : : This is the complete script, and basically I have 2 radio button groups and am checking for a selection in each group. That works fine. But when something is not selected in one of the groups, I get the alert box. Click OK and I get it again.
    : : Any ideas out there?
    : : Thanks for reading this!
    : : Jim
    : HEya Jim,
    : Hard to tell w/0 HTML naming conventions are funny.
    : if ya start @0 .length-1 may help, however
    : FoundSpreadAndFoundTile're gonna bg null '0
    :
    : [green]WHAT you;see_is_what=you.get;[/green]
    : -Russ aka DangeRuss
    :
    :

Because it is a function, I think it is something like this in your HTML. (I don't know for certain, because it isn't here.)

onclick="if(validate()==false){alert(ErrStr)}"

or you have something similar in another function. make sure that there is only validate() being called, not within an if... statement

-( Aaron )-

"Pain does not hurt, if it's all you've ever felt."