Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Javascript and AJAX

yellowdogyellowdog Posts: 1Member
Hi.

I have a questions.

I have an HTML table with a given number of rows , let's say 10 for this questions. With 2 cells per row.

I know that I can replace the contents of each cell via javascript (getElementById).

However, can I delete rows via javascript? I have a situation where sometimes I will need to have less (or more) rows than the currently displayed?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

yd

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi.
    :
    : I have a questions.
    :
    : I have an HTML table with a given number of rows , let's say 10 for this questions. With 2 cells per row.
    :
    : I know that I can replace the contents of each cell via javascript (getElementById).
    :
    : However, can I delete rows via javascript? I have a situation where sometimes I will need to have less (or more) rows than the currently displayed?
    :
    : Thanks in advance for any comments.
    :
    : yd
    :
    It is possible to write new code into a page using the document.write() command in javascript. I don't know if it is possible to delete code.
  • dunedaindunedain Posts: 1Member
    Yes, you can dynamically remove rows in a table using the removeChild() function:

// Remove all rows that have a certain dirty_word in them
    var oTable = document.getElementById('table_name');
    var arRows = oTable.childNodes[0].childNodes;
    var bIE = navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE") != -1 ? true : false;
    for (var i = 0; i < arRows.length; i++)
    {
    var sInner;
    if (bIE)
    sInner = arRows[i].innerText.toLowerCase();
    else
    sInner = arRows[i].textContent.toLowerCase();

if (sInner.indexOf('dirty_word') != -1)
    oTable.childNodes[0].removeChild(arRows[i]);
    }

If you just want to hide the rows, so that you could show them again later, there is an example here:
    http://www.morecavalier.com/index.php?item=quickfilter

: : Hi.
    : :
    : : I have a questions.
    : : I have an HTML table with a given number of rows , let's say 10 for this questions. With 2 cells per row.
    : : I know that I can replace the contents of each cell via javascript (getElementById).
    : : However, can I delete rows via javascript? I have a situation where sometimes I will need to have less (or more) rows than the currently displayed?
    : : Thanks in advance for any comments.
    : : yd
    : It is possible to write new code into a page using the document.write() command in javascript. I don't know if it is possible to delete code.
    :