Javascript and AJAX - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Javascript and AJAX

yellowdogyellowdog Posts: 1Member
Hi.

I have a questions.

I have an HTML table with a given number of rows , let's say 10 for this questions. With 2 cells per row.

I know that I can replace the contents of each cell via javascript (getElementById).

However, can I delete rows via javascript? I have a situation where sometimes I will need to have less (or more) rows than the currently displayed?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

yd

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi.
    :
    : I have a questions.
    :
    : I have an HTML table with a given number of rows , let's say 10 for this questions. With 2 cells per row.
    :
    : I know that I can replace the contents of each cell via javascript (getElementById).
    :
    : However, can I delete rows via javascript? I have a situation where sometimes I will need to have less (or more) rows than the currently displayed?
    :
    : Thanks in advance for any comments.
    :
    : yd
    :
    It is possible to write new code into a page using the document.write() command in javascript. I don't know if it is possible to delete code.
  • dunedaindunedain Posts: 1Member
    Yes, you can dynamically remove rows in a table using the removeChild() function:

// Remove all rows that have a certain dirty_word in them
    var oTable = document.getElementById('table_name');
    var arRows = oTable.childNodes[0].childNodes;
    var bIE = navigator.userAgent.indexOf("MSIE") != -1 ? true : false;
    for (var i = 0; i < arRows.length; i++)
    {
    var sInner;
    if (bIE)
    sInner = arRows[i].innerText.toLowerCase();
    else
    sInner = arRows[i].textContent.toLowerCase();

if (sInner.indexOf('dirty_word') != -1)
    oTable.childNodes[0].removeChild(arRows[i]);
    }

If you just want to hide the rows, so that you could show them again later, there is an example here:
    http://www.morecavalier.com/index.php?item=quickfilter

: : Hi.
    : :
    : : I have a questions.
    : : I have an HTML table with a given number of rows , let's say 10 for this questions. With 2 cells per row.
    : : I know that I can replace the contents of each cell via javascript (getElementById).
    : : However, can I delete rows via javascript? I have a situation where sometimes I will need to have less (or more) rows than the currently displayed?
    : : Thanks in advance for any comments.
    : : yd
    : It is possible to write new code into a page using the document.write() command in javascript. I don't know if it is possible to delete code.
    :