Debug assertion failed: wincore.dll line 707 (CreateEx) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Debug assertion failed: wincore.dll line 707 (CreateEx)

alien.mclalien.mcl Posts: 14Member
Hi There
I was working on my old project. It's an ActiveX control to render 3D object. It works fine, but there's a problem. When it's used in HTML page (IE) and it loads first time it works great, but when i refresh page in IE it makes an assertion (Debug assertion failed. File: wincore.dll. Line: 707.
When creating the control, function in CWnd::CreateEx that creates the controls window generates m_hWnd and hWnd that differs from each other (generating an assertion) and I don't know why it happends. Why it run great on first time, and there is an error after refresh?
Thanks for any replys.

Comments

• pardgr8pardgr8 Posts: 1Member
    If you are still facing this issue (I managed to get it working... here is the workaround)
    --> Create an ActiveX Control project in Good Old VB6.0, this control would be hosting your control(more like a wrapper). Drag and drop your control in newly created activeX. create/delegate properties for your old/new control. And Build OCX. Register your control and then register new VB control. And use this new control in Object tag on your page. Everything should run fine now.
    Why it works, I don;t know but I feel that this issue is somehow related to IDispatch and Lazy binding.

If you have already developed a solution then please share with us.

Parag..

: Hi There
    : I was working on my old project. It's an ActiveX control to render 3D object. It works fine, but there's a problem. When it's used in HTML page (IE) and it loads first time it works great, but when i refresh page in IE it makes an assertion (Debug assertion failed. File: wincore.dll. Line: 707.
    : When creating the control, function in CWnd::CreateEx that creates the controls window generates m_hWnd and hWnd that differs from each other (generating an assertion) and I don't know why it happends. Why it run great on first time, and there is an error after refresh?
    : Thanks for any replys.
    :