Managed DirectX tutorials

Hello people.
I am looking for comprehensive tutorials, books and info on making graphics, games.
Since I am a rookie in this field I'd rather go with the IDE that I know (.NET) and Win platform (obviously) so I guess DirectX...

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USA
    :
    : Hello people.
    : I am looking for comprehensive tutorials, books and info on making graphics, games.
    : Since I am a rookie in this field I'd rather go with the IDE that I know (.NET) and Win platform (obviously) so I guess DirectX...
    :
    :
    You can use GL on Win32, and I'd recomend it over DirectX. DX is slower and much harder to learn. Plus, if you ever pick up a more comprehensive language (C++ for instance) you can port GL to Unix or Mac, where DX cannot be ported.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]

• From what I understand DirectX is getting a lot of focus this days.
    Not to mention games that I play ask usually for DirectX versions...
  • DX is slower ? No - a pain ? - yes in my opinion.

The underlying concepts of computer graphics are however the same :).

: :
    : : Hello people.
    : : I am looking for comprehensive tutorials, books and info on making graphics, games.
    : : Since I am a rookie in this field I'd rather go with the IDE that I know (.NET) and Win platform (obviously) so I guess DirectX...
    : You can use GL on Win32, and I'd recomend it over DirectX. DX is slower and much harder to learn. Plus, if you ever pick up a more comprehensive language (C++ for instance) you can port GL to Unix or Mac, where DX cannot be ported.
    :
    : -[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]
    :
    :

• :
    : From what I understand DirectX is getting a lot of focus this days.
    : Not to mention games that I play ask usually for DirectX versions...
    :

Most games can make use of either - OpenGL or DirectX.