Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.
Game Industry Lead Programmer
We represent a client in the game industry that is searching for an experienced Lead Programmer for the office located in the Seattle area.
The Lead Programmer will design and implement new game systems for Xbox 360 Arcade products currently in development. Proven experience in console game programming, outstanding math skills, team management skills, experience in online multiplayer game coding, especially Xbox Live, and a passion for playing arcade/casual games is strongly desired. The Lead Programmer will head internal development of original Xbox Live Arcade titles as well as technically managing outsourced projects. This job requires both leadership and game programming skills. The Lead Programmer will interface with Microsoft technology teams as well as work with the Producer to manage offshore development teams.
* Implement, maintain, integrate and support core game systems and subsystems
* Provide creative solutions to technical problems and see that they are carried to completion.
* Post and fix bugs on all aspects of the game, and be proactive at fixing issues that are discovered.
* Take part in the code review process and improve upon existing source code when appropriate.
* Mentor and manage external programmers on the Xbox 360 platform. Coordinate with Xbox Advanced Technology Group on the latest technology updates for the Xbox 360 platform.
* Previous experience in creating game systems for console games.
* Expertise in two or more of the following specialties: physics, 3D graphics/rendering, audio, game logic, AI, cameras, networking, creature animations and game tools.
* Experience in multiple game play systems: 3rd person cameras, player control, AI systems, path finding, object systems, script interfaces, game user interface, save games, game level networking, etc.
* Ability to work well in a team environment with schedules and reliable milestone delivery.
* Shipped at least two titles in the game industry.
* Passion for playing and making console and casual PC games
* B.S. in computer science or a related field a plus.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please send us your resume.
Thanks so much and we hope to hear from you soon.
Elaina M. Frizzell
Senior Partner/Senior Recruiter
Exclaim Recruiting Agency
0 · ·