2.0 framework being evil?

My boss has the 2.0 framework and 1.1 framework installed on his machine, and my developer machine has only the 1.1 framework installed.

I have a project written in C# in Visual Studio 2003 (not using unsafe code), and it always runs fine on my machine, but it keeps getting System.NullReferenceException errors on my boss's machine at random intervals.

Is the 2.0 framework trying to run 1.1 MSIL and failing at it? Has anyone else experienced this yet?

Comments

• Hi,

You should force your application to run with .NET framework 1.1.
    To do so, add this line in the config file (.exe.config):

if no other data is already in the config file, it should looks like that:

<?xml version ="1.0"?>

Shiri.

: My boss has the 2.0 framework and 1.1 framework installed on his machine, and my developer machine has only the 1.1 framework installed.
    :
    : I have a project written in C# in Visual Studio 2003 (not using unsafe code), and it always runs fine on my machine, but it keeps getting System.NullReferenceException errors on my boss's machine at random intervals.
    :
    : Is the 2.0 framework trying to run 1.1 MSIL and failing at it? Has anyone else experienced this yet?
    :

• : My boss has the 2.0 framework and 1.1 framework installed on his machine, and my developer machine has only the 1.1 framework installed.
    :
    : I have a project written in C# in Visual Studio 2003 (not using unsafe code), and it always runs fine on my machine, but it keeps getting System.NullReferenceException errors on my boss's machine at random intervals.
    :
    : Is the 2.0 framework trying to run 1.1 MSIL and failing at it? Has anyone else experienced this yet?
    :

I think there must be some other reason than framework. I've run both frameworks side-by-side for some time now, I also have VS2003 and VS2005 (beta1, beta2 and now the release version) on same machine and never experienced problems like those. Well, of course I've had NullReferenceExceptions, but those we're my bugs...