commands in C

HI,
c compiler has too many commands ,functions and header files ...

i know that i can use help menu ..where are all information putted..

but some time i can't guess that what command is suitable for my
program

...so if any person send to me list of all commands use in c with there
working.....i think that after few days or months i can able to compete to all of you(programmers)
*you can send web links(but informations are provided in list form)

if you want a good programmer then help me........

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2006-4-28 20:38:33[/red][/b][hr]
    : HI,
    : c compiler has too many commands ,functions and header files ...
    :

[blue]Yes it can get a little overwhelming for new people -- there are hundreds of functions. The best place to look is in an Introduction to C programming language book -- it will cover all the bacic functions. There are no really good comprehensive links on the net -- there are c tutorials but none of them are as good as the information you will find in books.[/blue]

• he's ryt...C resources online aren't as good as what u'll get in a book...plus there are many ways to overcome any programming problem...u jus need to use ur imagination...
  • : HI,
    :
    : i know that i can use help menu ..where are all information putted..
    :
    : but some time i can't guess that what command is suitable for my
    : program
    :
    : ...so if any person send to me list of all commands use in c with there
    : working.....i think that after few days or months i can able to compete to all of you(programmers)
    : *you can send web links(but informations are provided in list form)
    :
    : if you want a good programmer then help me........
    :
    I tend to think there is plenty enought on the internet to learn C/C++.

try http://beej.us/guide/bgc/ for a complete guide on the ansi standard c language or try http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/ for a big tutorial on iso standard C++. I tend to like the internet for information because it never falls out of date. Just try a google search.

Also remeber there is a number of standard functions in both c and c++ and then there are a number of non-standard functions for example try stuff thats windows specific or unix specific.

try to familarise yourself with stdio.h, stdlib.h first.

and remember there is no one way to program, it is a learning experience, and your programming tends to get better with practice,

good luck
  • : HI,
    :
    : i know that i can use help menu ..where are all information putted..
    :
    : but some time i can't guess that what command is suitable for my
    : program

Hi, I know that it's frustrating at the start, but you'll overcome the problem with experience and a couple of tricks. One old time honored method to find out what functions and variables are available is to open each header file in read only mode (or after you've made a copy someplace safe!) and simply read the function names and types for yourself. It is a challenge when you start, but you'll get some real practice for reading function declarations. And then you can look them up on line and gain a familiarity with the header files that contain them also. I hope this helps you. Hang in there.