Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Is an "ACTION REPLAY" cartridge type program possible?

DrMartenDrMarten Posts: 748Member
Hi,

Is an "ACTION REPLAY" cartridge type program possible?

If any of you had one of these for an AMIGA you will know what i mean.
I think they were made for ATARI-ST computers too.

Is this sort of coding possible on a PC? I guess it is. :-)

Has anyone ever done it?
You would need to HALT all processes i guess to "FREEZE FRAME" the current memory. Then look at the memory being altered, like the number of lives in a game, then increase it and resume from there, i guess.

Has this been done for PC's?

Regards,

Dr M.

Comments

• PiiXPiiX Posts: 24Member
    Yes there is ... for a long time ...

Its called Game wizard or such ... Its a cheat device thats reads all memory present for a certain game / program lets you search for specific values or such, and about 3 / 4 research know the exact address of a particular variable and lets you modify it ... even freeze it ^^

Strictly forbidden for Online gaming though !!!
    If detected : Instant ban or worse as it is a severe hack tool

Search for it on google