Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Simple XHTML parsing

jobromediajobromedia Posts: 168Member
So I've done this document comentator that generates it's primary outputto simple string fields. Now how do I parse this data into a xhtml file and retrieving the data from it?

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : So I've done this document comentator that generates it's primary outputto simple string fields. Now how do I parse this data into a xhtml file and retrieving the data from it?
    :
    The easiest way to insert data into a string text is to use the Format() function or StringReplace() function. These allow you to quickly insert either any data type (in case of Format()) or strings (in case of StringReplace()).
  • jobromediajobromedia Posts: 168Member
    : : So I've done this document comentator that generates it's primary outputto simple string fields. Now how do I parse this data into a xhtml file and retrieving the data from it?
    : :
    : The easiest way to insert data into a string text is to use the Format() function or StringReplace() function. These allow you to quickly insert either any data type (in case of Format()) or strings (in case of StringReplace()).
    :
    Ok wasn't quite what I asked for, but anyway will come hady someday.

What component should I use to parse the xml data?
  • zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : : : So I've done this document comentator that generates it's primary outputto simple string fields. [b]Now how do I parse this data into a xhtml file[/b] and retrieving the data from it?
    : : :
    : : The easiest way to insert data into a string text is to use the Format() function or StringReplace() function. These allow you to quickly insert either any data type (in case of Format()) or strings (in case of StringReplace()).
    : Ok wasn't quite what I asked for, but anyway will come hady someday.
    :
    : What component should I use to parse the xml data?
    :
    The bold part let me believe you wanted to insert the data into some kind of xhtml template.
    In Delphi 5 there isn't a component for it, but you can use the MSXML COM objects for it. Just import the MSXML.DLL into Delphi and it will write a link unit for you. The microsoft site describes all those interfaces and has examples of them.
  • jobromediajobromedia Posts: 168Member
    : : : : So I've done this document comentator that generates it's primary outputto simple string fields. [b]Now how do I parse this data into a xhtml file[/b] and retrieving the data from it?
    : : : :
    : : : The easiest way to insert data into a string text is to use the Format() function or StringReplace() function. These allow you to quickly insert either any data type (in case of Format()) or strings (in case of StringReplace()).
    : : :
    : : Ok wasn't quite what I asked for, but anyway will come hady someday.
    : : What component should I use to parse the xml data?
    : The bold part let me believe you wanted to insert the data into some kind of xhtml template.
    : In Delphi 5 there isn't a component for it, but you can use the MSXML COM objects for it. Just import the MSXML.DLL into Delphi and it will write a link unit for you. The microsoft site describes all those interfaces and has examples of them.
    :
    Ok thanks for your help!