Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Linked list without using a pointer

suaveitsmesuaveitsme Posts: 1Member
Hey ppl,

any body can tell me how to implement a linked list without using pointers in C. In one of my interviews they have asked this question...any ideas?

Comments

• tsagldtsagld Posts: 621Member
    : Hey ppl,
    :
    : any body can tell me how to implement a linked list without using pointers in C. In one of my interviews they have asked this question...any ideas?
    :
    It is possible when the next and previous items in a node are copied each time a node is added.
    But doing so requires massive storage and maintenance, since deleting a node requires copying the data of all subsequent nodes one node to the front. In fact, that's not really a linked list anymore.
    I don't think anyone has ever implemented a linked list without pointer. It has no advantages and big disadvantages.

Greets,
    Eric Goldstein
    http://www.gvh-maatwerk.nl/english/E_index.htm