Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

help on String

mrQuestionmrQuestion Posts: 3Member
Hi all,

I have a question regarding displaying a string in javascript. Ok, I have a collection of string in a variable and i am iterating it through a loop for display. Each string has spaces that seperate column 1 from column 2, but both columns are in one string. For example:

This is my string 1Also my string 1.
This is my sring 2Also my string 2.

Where = empty white space.
The problem is, when it display in the brower (in my html table), all the spaces get striped off. So, it looks like this:

This is my string 1 Also my string 1.
This is my string 2 Also my string 2.

I don't understand why it does that. Is it because of javascript?
How would i go about in displaying the string the way it suppose to look?

Please replay. Thanks.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi all,
    :
    : I have a question regarding displaying a string in javascript. Ok, I have a collection of string in a variable and i am iterating it through a loop for display. Each string has spaces that seperate column 1 from column 2, but both columns are in one string. For example:
    :
    : This is my string 1Also my string 1.
    : This is my sring 2Also my string 2.
    :
    : Where = empty white space.
    : The problem is, when it display in the brower (in my html table), all the spaces get striped off. So, it looks like this:
    :
    : This is my string 1 Also my string 1.
    : This is my string 2 Also my string 2.
    :
    : I don't understand why it does that. Is it because of javascript?
    : How would i go about in displaying the string the way it suppose to look?
    :
    : Please replay. Thanks.
    :
    Normal space characters (#32) are always compacted to 1 space by browsers. It is part of the HTML specification. To get multiple spaces after each other use the "non breaking space" code: " ".