background color of frame(set) page - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

background color of frame(set) page

emzet999emzet999 Posts: 2Member
I have an application using frames. Each page in each frame has a green background.

After entering data (or anything alike) often the top-page is loaded again, which loads the first sub-frame. When the first sub-frame is loaded (using the construction it triggers loading of the next sub-frame. This way, data can be passed easily from sub-frame to sub-frame.
So most of the frames have no src="..." attribute.

But, while this happens, the background of the not-yet loaded frames is white.

It all works quite fast, but still most of the times the user sees a short flash of white in between the green screens.

Anybody knows of a solution to this, e.g. using javascript? - I have tried to set the backgroundcolor of a FRAME entity using css, but that made no difference.

Thanks,
Martin

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I have an application using frames. Each page in each frame has a green background.
    :
    : After entering data (or anything alike) often the top-page is loaded again, which loads the first sub-frame. When the first sub-frame is loaded (using the construction it triggers loading of the next sub-frame. This way, data can be passed easily from sub-frame to sub-frame.
    : So most of the frames have no src="..." attribute.
    :
    : But, while this happens, the background of the not-yet loaded frames is white.
    :
    : It all works quite fast, but still most of the times the user sees a short flash of white in between the green screens.
    :
    : Anybody knows of a solution to this, e.g. using javascript? - I have tried to set the backgroundcolor of a FRAME entity using css, but that made no difference.
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Martin
    :
    Perhaps setting the background color of parent page could help.
  • emzet999emzet999 Posts: 2Member
    Thanks for your reply, but the html doc with the frames is already the topmost page, so there is no parent to set background of. If I knew how to set the background color of a frame page, that would solve my problem. Any other clues maybe?

: : I have an application using frames. Each page in each frame has a green background.
    : :
    : : After entering data (or anything alike) often the top-page is loaded again, which loads the first sub-frame. When the first sub-frame is loaded (using the construction it triggers loading of the next sub-frame. This way, data can be passed easily from sub-frame to sub-frame.
    : : So most of the frames have no src="..." attribute.
    : : But, while this happens, the background of the not-yet loaded frames is white.
    : : It all works quite fast, but still most of the times the user sees a short flash of white in between the green screens.
    : : Anybody knows of a solution to this, e.g. using javascript? - I have tried to set the backgroundcolor of a FRAME entity using css, but that made no difference.
    : : Thanks,
    : : Martin
    : Perhaps setting the background color of parent page could help.
    :

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Thanks for your reply, but the html doc with the frames is already the topmost page, so there is no parent to set background of. If I knew how to set the background color of a frame page, that would solve my problem. Any other clues maybe?
    :
    : : : I have an application using frames. Each page in each frame has a green background.
    : : :
    : : : After entering data (or anything alike) often the top-page is loaded again, which loads the first sub-frame. When the first sub-frame is loaded (using the construction it triggers loading of the next sub-frame. This way, data can be passed easily from sub-frame to sub-frame.
    : : : So most of the frames have no src="..." attribute.
    : : : But, while this happens, the background of the not-yet loaded frames is white.
    : : : It all works quite fast, but still most of the times the user sees a short flash of white in between the green screens.
    : : : Anybody knows of a solution to this, e.g. using javascript? - I have tried to set the backgroundcolor of a FRAME entity using css, but that made no difference.
    : : : Thanks,
    : : : Martin
    : : Perhaps setting the background color of parent page could help.
    :
    :
    The frames are always inside a page with the tag. I meant that page. Perhaps with a css you can specify the background color of a .