Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

background color of frame(set) page

emzet999emzet999 Posts: 2Member
I have an application using frames. Each page in each frame has a green background.

After entering data (or anything alike) often the top-page is loaded again, which loads the first sub-frame. When the first sub-frame is loaded (using the construction it triggers loading of the next sub-frame. This way, data can be passed easily from sub-frame to sub-frame.
So most of the frames have no src="..." attribute.

But, while this happens, the background of the not-yet loaded frames is white.

It all works quite fast, but still most of the times the user sees a short flash of white in between the green screens.

Anybody knows of a solution to this, e.g. using javascript? - I have tried to set the backgroundcolor of a FRAME entity using css, but that made no difference.

Thanks,
Martin

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I have an application using frames. Each page in each frame has a green background.
    :
    : After entering data (or anything alike) often the top-page is loaded again, which loads the first sub-frame. When the first sub-frame is loaded (using the construction it triggers loading of the next sub-frame. This way, data can be passed easily from sub-frame to sub-frame.
    : So most of the frames have no src="..." attribute.
    :
    : But, while this happens, the background of the not-yet loaded frames is white.
    :
    : It all works quite fast, but still most of the times the user sees a short flash of white in between the green screens.
    :
    : Anybody knows of a solution to this, e.g. using javascript? - I have tried to set the backgroundcolor of a FRAME entity using css, but that made no difference.
    :
    : Thanks,
    : Martin
    :
    Perhaps setting the background color of parent page could help.
  • emzet999emzet999 Posts: 2Member
    Thanks for your reply, but the html doc with the frames is already the topmost page, so there is no parent to set background of. If I knew how to set the background color of a frame page, that would solve my problem. Any other clues maybe?

: : I have an application using frames. Each page in each frame has a green background.
    : :
    : : After entering data (or anything alike) often the top-page is loaded again, which loads the first sub-frame. When the first sub-frame is loaded (using the construction it triggers loading of the next sub-frame. This way, data can be passed easily from sub-frame to sub-frame.
    : : So most of the frames have no src="..." attribute.
    : : But, while this happens, the background of the not-yet loaded frames is white.
    : : It all works quite fast, but still most of the times the user sees a short flash of white in between the green screens.
    : : Anybody knows of a solution to this, e.g. using javascript? - I have tried to set the backgroundcolor of a FRAME entity using css, but that made no difference.
    : : Thanks,
    : : Martin
    : Perhaps setting the background color of parent page could help.
    :

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Thanks for your reply, but the html doc with the frames is already the topmost page, so there is no parent to set background of. If I knew how to set the background color of a frame page, that would solve my problem. Any other clues maybe?
    :
    : : : I have an application using frames. Each page in each frame has a green background.
    : : :
    : : : After entering data (or anything alike) often the top-page is loaded again, which loads the first sub-frame. When the first sub-frame is loaded (using the construction it triggers loading of the next sub-frame. This way, data can be passed easily from sub-frame to sub-frame.
    : : : So most of the frames have no src="..." attribute.
    : : : But, while this happens, the background of the not-yet loaded frames is white.
    : : : It all works quite fast, but still most of the times the user sees a short flash of white in between the green screens.
    : : : Anybody knows of a solution to this, e.g. using javascript? - I have tried to set the backgroundcolor of a FRAME entity using css, but that made no difference.
    : : : Thanks,
    : : : Martin
    : : Perhaps setting the background color of parent page could help.
    :
    :
    The frames are always inside a page with the tag. I meant that page. Perhaps with a css you can specify the background color of a .