Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Stupid question - its been one of those days

brad0412brad0412 Posts: 1Member
I've had my head stuck in the compiler all day and have one of those stupid simple problems that I cant get around right now.

int x = 0x207;

char* putMyNumberHere = "";

How do I get the characters 0x207 into the char*? I've tried using _itoa(...) and have looked through similar functions but can't seem to put my finger on what I'm missing.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    : I've had my head stuck in the compiler all day and have one of those stupid simple problems that I cant get around right now.
    :
    : int x = 0x207;
    :
    : char* putMyNumberHere = "";
    :
    : How do I get the characters 0x207 into the char*? I've tried using _itoa(...) and have looked through similar functions but can't seem to put my finger on what I'm missing.
    :
    : Thanks in advance.
    :

atoi() does the opposite of what you want. use sprintf() to convert the integer to a string. see how you must allocate memory for putMyNumberHere, sprintf() does not do that for you.
    [code]
    int x = 0x207;
    char putMyNumberHere[20];
    sprintf(putMyNumberHere,"%X", x);
    [/code]