k-Node tree - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

k-Node tree

suburbanmtsuburbanmt Posts: 12Member
Hi,

I would like to implement a tree structure with a root node and each node can have k-child nodes. Does anyone know of a datastructure that represents this type of tree apart from a B-Tree.

Thanks

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I would like to implement a tree structure with a root node and each node can have k-child nodes. Does anyone know of a datastructure that represents this type of tree apart from a B-Tree.
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    I don't know of a library class, which has that structure, but it can easily be created. All you need is to have each node contain a Collection of other nodes, representing its children.
  • suburbanmtsuburbanmt Posts: 12Member
    : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I would like to implement a tree structure with a root node and each node can have k-child nodes. Does anyone know of a datastructure that represents this type of tree apart from a B-Tree.
    : : Thanks
    : I don't know of a library class, which has that structure, but it can easily be created. All you need is to have each node contain a Collection of other nodes, representing its children.
    :

I have implemented it that way by having each node containing a vector of child nodes - but I don't know whether it is efficient or not. Any idea please?