Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

DataReport

Hi,

I have written a VB6 program that works normal, except for the pint rapport section; I met a problem I cant solve.
I used for the first time the DataReport from VB6 to get a printout. On the computer I use to develop the program (desktop) it works fine, the report is fast and showed to me without any failures.
The I made an installation packet trough VB6 and then its getting wrong, as soon as I install it on my laptop the program still works perfect, but at the printout section I get the message Run time error 713, Application-defined or object-defined error.
I cant find what Im doing wrong.
Can someone give me a hint please, I need such a report.

With Regarts
Cheyenne

Comments

• Termc1224Termc1224 Member Posts: 84
    : Hi,
    :
    : I have written a VB6 program that works normal, except for the pint rapport section; I met a problem I cant solve.
    : I used for the first time the DataReport from VB6 to get a printout. On the computer I use to develop the program (desktop) it works fine, the report is fast and showed to me without any failures.
    : The I made an installation packet trough VB6 and then its getting wrong, as soon as I install it on my laptop the program still works perfect, but at the printout section I get the message Run time error 713, Application-defined or object-defined error.
    : I cant find what Im doing wrong.
    : Can someone give me a hint please, I need such a report.
    :
    : With Regarts
    : Cheyenne
    :
    :
    What did you use in packaging your system.
    You should know the file your system require to run in other os.

• CheyenneCheyenne Member Posts: 28
    : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I have written a VB6 program that works normal, except for the pint rapport section; I met a problem I cant solve.
    : : I used for the first time the DataReport from VB6 to get a printout. On the computer I use to develop the program (desktop) it works fine, the report is fast and showed to me without any failures.
    : : The I made an installation packet trough VB6 and then its getting wrong, as soon as I install it on my laptop the program still works perfect, but at the printout section I get the message Run time error 713, Application-defined or object-defined error.
    : : I cant find what Im doing wrong.
    : : Can someone give me a hint please, I need such a report.
    : : With Regarts
    : : Cheyenne
    : What did you use in packaging your system.
    : You should know the file your system require to run in other os.
    :
    : I used the package that comes with VB6 and both the os systems are Window XP, the only difference is that on my desktop computer VB6 is installed, and the laptop hasn't.

• CheyenneCheyenne Member Posts: 28
    : : : Hi,
    : : :
    : : : I have written a VB6 program that works normal, except for the pint rapport section; I met a problem I cant solve.
    : : : I used for the first time the DataReport from VB6 to get a printout. On the computer I use to develop the program (desktop) it works fine, the report is fast and showed to me without any failures.
    : : : The I made an installation packet trough VB6 and then its getting wrong, as soon as I install it on my laptop the program still works perfect, but at the printout section I get the message Run time error 713, Application-defined or object-defined error.
    : : : I cant find what Im doing wrong.
    : : : Can someone give me a hint please, I need such a report.
    : : : With Regarts
    : : : Cheyenne
    : : What did you use in packaging your system.
    : : You should know the file your system require to run in other os.
    : : I used the package that comes with VB6 and both the os systems are Window XP, the only difference is that on my desktop computer VB6 is installed, and the laptop hasn't.
    :
    :
    Hi,

At last I found the solution myself on the internet; this seems to be an old known problem. At the Microsoft site there is an article nr 248055 that discusses this matter.
    There is a dll missing that causes the run-time error the dlls name is Msdbrptr.dll.
    The location of the report is:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q248055, in cause someone experienced the same problem.