plz help!!!!! (about images from Paint) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

plz help!!!!! (about images from Paint)

tylerhadfuntylerhadfun Posts: 26Member
[b][red]This message was edited by tylerhadfun at 2006-4-2 19:44:36[/red][/b][hr]
hey guys, im a very beginner programmer, but im also very good for my age. however, im lookin for how to load images from paint onto the screen when i run one of my programs. anyways, i use turbo c++ 3.0!

is ther a function to do this? im pretty sure ther is a way though, so plz help me =)

Comments

• LundinLundin Posts: 3,711Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by tylerhadfun at 2006-4-2 19:44:36[/red][/b][hr]
    : hey guys, im a very beginner programmer, but im also very good for my age. however, im lookin for how to load images from paint onto the screen when i run one of my programs. anyways, i use turbo c++ 3.0!
    :
    : is ther a function to do this? im pretty sure ther is a way though, so plz help me =)
    :

Yes it is possible, but rather tricky. It is not on beginner level, so unless you can find some code doing this for you, I would advice you to wait with it until you know more about the C/C++ language.

It would be much easier on a modern, Windows compiler.
  • tylerhadfuntylerhadfun Posts: 26Member

: Yes it is possible, but rather tricky. It is not on beginner level, so unless you can find some code doing this for you, I would advice you to wait with it until you know more about the C/C++ language.
    :
    : It would be much easier on a modern, Windows compiler.

you are right, it would be easier if i knew the c++ language better, and probly easier if i used a windows compiler. however, i have never used a windows compiler. also, my teacher is goin to teach me this (hopefully soon) but i wanted to get a head start like i always do. so thats why i wanted to know. anyways, ill learn soon enough, and i have an idea that im going to try out today, ill post weather or not ir worked for me!

• tylerhadfuntylerhadfun Posts: 26Member
    ummm, do i have 2 use data transfer? to post the image from paint that is...

• steal_hssteal_hs Posts: 2Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by tylerhadfun at 2006-4-2 19:44:36[/red][/b][hr]
    : hey guys, im a very beginner programmer, but im also very good for my age. however, im lookin for how to load images from paint onto the screen when i run one of my programs. anyways, i use turbo c++ 3.0!
    :
    : is ther a function to do this? im pretty sure ther is a way though, so plz help me =)
    :
    :
    :

• shaolin007shaolin007 Posts: 1,018Member
    : ummm, do i have 2 use data transfer? to post the image from paint that is...
    :
    :
    [green]
    There are a couple of considerations in trying to display a image. What format is it in one. Unless you have a function to display that particular image, then you are going to have to create one. To do this, you need to look at the specifications for that format. http://www.wotsit.org/ is a site that has different file format specifications. Another consideration, is mode. What video mode are you going to be in and at what bit depth. To display the image properly, you might have to be in a certain video mode. All of this is, of course, somewhat advanced for a beginner but not impossible for a beginner to do. You just need to understand some basics of how images are put into video memory first. You can usually find video tutorials if you google for them. Most of them might be a mix of C and assembly language though. This is assuming you are working in 16bit real mode on a x86 processor.

Read these tutorials

http://www.programmersheaven.com/zone10/cat176/index.htm

[/green]

• tsagldtsagld Posts: 621Member
    :
    :
    :
    If I understand it correctly, you want to display images without a graphical OS, DOS probably?
    Assuming you know how to put the video card in graphics mode and work with that mode, it is not that hard to display a .bmp image.
    The bmp-format is well documented in the MSDN library (http://msdn.microsoft.com). I did it once, in the days that DOS was still more common than Windows when I wrote a graphics editor that was able to import windows .bmp files. Didn't have much trouble.

Greets,
    Eric Goldstein
    http://www.gvh-maatwerk.nl

• bluj91bluj91 Posts: 133Member
    :
    :
    :
    :

Do you want to load the image into a commandline application, windows service, or windows form. What operating system are using? Why do you want to load the image?

Without the above information you would have choose one of about 64 billion possible command. Also note there is no standard way of doing this.