Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Visual Studio 8 ON_COMMAND ERROR

johnnypetejohnnypete Posts: 2Member
I just installed VS8 and created a template MFC application with multiple documents. I did nothing else and ran the app. I received the following errors related to the ON_COMMAND and ON_UPDATE...

Does anyone know what this error is? Your help is appreciated.

del1.cpp(24) : error C2059: syntax error : '&&'
del1.cpp(24) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '}'
del1.cpp(24) : error C2059: syntax error : '}'

BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(Cdel1Doc, COleDocument)
// Enable default OLE container implementation
ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_EDIT_PASTE, &COleDocument::OnUpdatePasteMenu)
ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_EDIT_PASTE_LINK, &COleDocument::OnUpdatePasteLinkMenu)
ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_OLE_EDIT_CONVERT, &COleDocument::OnUpdateObjectVerbMenu)
ON_COMMAND(ID_OLE_EDIT_CONVERT, &COleDocument::OnEditConvert)
ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_OLE_EDIT_LINKS, &COleDocument::OnUpdateEditLinksMenu)
ON_COMMAND(ID_OLE_EDIT_LINKS, &COleDocument::OnEditLinks)
ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI_RANGE(ID_OLE_VERB_FIRST, ID_OLE_VERB_LAST, &COleDocument::OnUpdateObjectVerbMenu)
END_MESSAGE_MAP()

Comments

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    I just used VC++ 2005 Pro version, created an MFC projects, left everything as default values, compiled and ran it. No compiler warnings or errors and no runtime errors.

If you used 2005 Express, that version does not support MFC.
  • johnnypetejohnnypete Posts: 2Member
    : I just used VC++ 2005 Pro version, created an MFC projects, left everything as default values, compiled and ran it. No compiler warnings or errors and no runtime errors.
    :
    : If you used 2005 Express, that version does not support MFC.
    :

I was using Pro but had Express earlier. It turned out to be a library problem. I uninstalled Express and reinstalled Pro. That took care of the problem. Thanks