request for source codes for firewall program

hello everyone,

greetings , i'm Benny studying Computer Science and i am doing my

final year project on "FIREWALLS IN INTERNET SECURITY",i've to submit

a project.

its basically network security,with java

platform.My project has to do with networking,but i admit that i'm not

good at programing skills..ecspecially on java.please do help me with

some source codes to take up my project.

The Requirements for the Project

1. it must be in java

2. the firewall program should be able to filter information entering the network.

3. it should be able to prevent unauthorised access especially by hackers.

greetings,
benny

Comments

• : hello everyone,
    :
    : greetings , i'm Benny studying Computer Science and i am doing my
    :
    : final year project on "FIREWALLS IN INTERNET SECURITY",i've to submit
    :
    : a project.
    :
    : its basically network security,with java
    :
    : platform.My project has to do with networking,but i admit that i'm not
    :
    : good at programing skills..ecspecially on java.please do help me with
    :
    : some source codes to take up my project.
    :
    : The Requirements for the Project
    :
    : 1. it must be in java
    :
    : 2. the firewall program should be able to filter information entering the network.
    :
    : 3. it should be able to prevent unauthorised access especially by hackers.
    :
    : greetings,
    : benny
    :

I don't think any help will be all that helpful to you. You are a senior in CS and "not good at programing skills?" What do you expect to do when you graduate? Come here and ask for help so you do not get fired?

Ask specific questions and people will be more willing to help you instead of just asking for code.
    [italic][blue]Just my 2 bits[/blue][/italic]

• its not like i want the whole codes, i have been able to write the networking part of my project, all i want is help in order to display an alert when a file is entering my network. i need direction whether to use javascript or just java and how to go about it.
  • its not like i want the whole codes, i have been able to write the networking part of my project, all i want is help in order to display an alert(like a pop up window) when a file is entering my network. i need direction whether to use javascript or just java and how to go about it.

thanks

benny
  • : its not like i want the whole codes, i have been able to write the networking part of my project, all i want is help in order to display an alert(like a pop up window) when a file is entering my network. i need direction whether to use javascript or just java and how to go about it.
    :
    : thanks
    :
    : benny
    :
    It won't be possible using only jaascript, because javascript cannot access other processes or even connections, than the one it runs on. Remember that java[b]script[/b] is exactly what is says: a script language. It has been designed to enhance webpages without producing additional load on the server. It has nothing to do with java, except for sharing part of its name.
  • so how do i display an alert on my PC when a file is enterin my network using java. for example

Do you want this file to enter your network

YES or NO

Continue

using this format above.

thanks

benny
  • Hello Benny,

Well I gone through your requirements. I could help you with firewall security source code. You can mail me at somu667@gmail.com for more information.

regards,
    Somu