Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

PNG in Delphi

GarryPaxtonGarryPaxton Member Posts: 66
I am adding PNG support to a D6 program that already displays JPG, BMP and WMF in a TImage, and it works fine. When I use TOpenPictureDialog the program fails with EInvalidOp unknown picture extension (.PNG), even though I added this to the list of extensions Filter property via the Object Inspector. So, I modified my code to use TOpenDialog instead and it works fine - I have no problem selecting and opening the desired .png file into a TImage.

Can anyone advise why TOpenPictureDIalog fails ? Obviously, I have already discovered my solution - just to change my code to use TOpenDialog instead (especially as this offers a thumbnail view if I wish), so now I can't see the purpose of TOpenPictureDialog.

This is a bit of a newbie question, so your advice very much appreciated to help me understand why it failed.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : I am adding PNG support to a D6 program that already displays JPG, BMP and WMF in a TImage, and it works fine. When I use TOpenPictureDialog the program fails with EInvalidOp unknown picture extension (.PNG), even though I added this to the list of extensions Filter property via the Object Inspector. So, I modified my code to use TOpenDialog instead and it works fine - I have no problem selecting and opening the desired .png file into a TImage.
    :
    : Can anyone advise why TOpenPictureDIalog fails ? Obviously, I have already discovered my solution - just to change my code to use TOpenDialog instead (especially as this offers a thumbnail view if I wish), so now I can't see the purpose of TOpenPictureDialog.
    :
    : This is a bit of a newbie question, so your advice very much appreciated to help me understand why it failed.
    :
    :
    :
    The TOpenPictureDialog creates the filter list from the registered graphics types. You can add new formats by calling TPicture.RegisterFileFormat().