search problem - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

search problem

luckyboyluckyboy Posts: 105Member
[b][red]This message was edited by luckyboy at 2006-3-27 10:48:47[/red][/b][hr]
how to make a fn that searches a specified path and subfolders for certain files
i.e.
*.jpg; image.*; *.*; image.jpg

please make it in C++, but if there is no way using C, ok it is also welcome here.

thanx,
Nasim.

Comments

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2006-3-27 17:21:0[/red][/b][hr]
    : how to make a fn that searches a specified path and subfolders for certain files
    : i.e.
    : *.jpg; image.*; *.*; image.jpg
    :
    : please make it in C++, but if there is no way using C, ok it is also welcome here.
    :
    : thanx,
    : Nasim.
    :
    :
    :

depends on the operating system. There are no c or c++ standard functions to do that. For MS-Windows, goole for FindFirstFile() and FindNextFile(). For *nix use opendir() and readdir(). you will find lots of example for ms-windows -- I don't know much about *nix.

And most examples can be used in either C or C++ programs.

• luckyboyluckyboy Posts: 105Member
    : [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2006-3-27 17:21:0[/red][/b][hr]
    : : how to make a fn that searches a specified path and subfolders for certain files
    : : i.e.
    : : *.jpg; image.*; *.*; image.jpg
    : :
    : : please make it in C++, but if there is no way using C, ok it is also welcome here.
    : : thanx,
    : : Nasim.
    :
    : depends on the operating system. There are no c or c++ standard functions to do that. For MS-Windows, goole for FindFirstFile() and FindNextFile(). For *nix use opendir() and readdir(). you will find lots of example for ms-windows -- I don't know much about *nix.
    :
    : And most examples can be used in either C or C++ programs.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    Please accept a great thank you from here
    Nasim