Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

RSS FEED Help

I need to write an HTML file that parses an RSS FEED url and I have no idea how. Anyone with RSS knowledge please help me out. I need an HTML interface that I can enter an RSS (XML) URL into it and have the RSS feed shown on my HTML interface. Please help. Thanks.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I need to write an HTML file that parses an RSS FEED url and I have no idea how. Anyone with RSS knowledge please help me out. I need an HTML interface that I can enter an RSS (XML) URL into it and have the RSS feed shown on my HTML interface. Please help. Thanks.
    :
    You could use javascript to write a data island to show the feed:
    http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_data_island.asp
    It shouldn't be too difficult. For testing you might want to leave the javascript out of it for now, and "hard-code" the URL into your HTML to get a feel of the data islands.
  • quochaiquochai Posts: 6Member
    : : I need to write an HTML file that parses an RSS FEED url and I have no idea how. Anyone with RSS knowledge please help me out. I need an HTML interface that I can enter an RSS (XML) URL into it and have the RSS feed shown on my HTML interface. Please help. Thanks.
    : :
    : You could use javascript to write a data island to show the feed:
    : http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_data_island.asp
    : It shouldn't be too difficult. For testing you might want to leave the javascript out of it for now, and "hard-code" the URL into your HTML to get a feel of the data islands.
    :
    Not to be a pain but could you please write something for me that would work, i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.