Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

java SDK

digitalranadigitalrana Posts: 19Member
hi,
i'm a C++ programmer jus migratin to java so i'm basically a noob here. I got a couple of books about java but nothin so far explains to me which environment to use to program in java...like when i was doing C++ i had visual studio .NET ...could someone tell me what i need to use to start programming java? (pls don't tell me i have to go back to using notepad and a compiler, im really used to having something that highlights syntax words for me)
thanx in advance!

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : hi,
    : i'm a C++ programmer jus migratin to java so i'm basically a noob here. I got a couple of books about java but nothin so far explains to me which environment to use to program in java...like when i was doing C++ i had visual studio .NET ...could someone tell me what i need to use to start programming java? (pls don't tell me i have to go back to using notepad and a compiler, im really used to having something that highlights syntax words for me)
    : thanx in advance!
    :
    YOu could use Eclipse or JCreater. I myself am learning Java using Eclipse, and it has several nice features, such as:
    - syntax highlighting
    - Quick fixes for problems
    - Code completion
    - Integrated help files
    - Integrated debugger and applet viewer
  • digitalranadigitalrana Posts: 19Member
    thanks for that...is eclipse free?
    i tried to dowwnload JCreator but wile installing it had some error so i think i'll try eclipse...could u give me its official websyt?

thanks again
  • zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : thanks for that...is eclipse free?
    : i tried to dowwnload JCreator but wile installing it had some error so i think i'll try eclipse...could u give me its official websyt?
    :
    : thanks again
    :
    It's better than free: it's open source.