java SDK - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

java SDK

digitalranadigitalrana Posts: 19Member
hi,
i'm a C++ programmer jus migratin to java so i'm basically a noob here. I got a couple of books about java but nothin so far explains to me which environment to use to program in java...like when i was doing C++ i had visual studio .NET ...could someone tell me what i need to use to start programming java? (pls don't tell me i have to go back to using notepad and a compiler, im really used to having something that highlights syntax words for me)
thanx in advance!

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : hi,
    : i'm a C++ programmer jus migratin to java so i'm basically a noob here. I got a couple of books about java but nothin so far explains to me which environment to use to program in java...like when i was doing C++ i had visual studio .NET ...could someone tell me what i need to use to start programming java? (pls don't tell me i have to go back to using notepad and a compiler, im really used to having something that highlights syntax words for me)
    : thanx in advance!
    :
    YOu could use Eclipse or JCreater. I myself am learning Java using Eclipse, and it has several nice features, such as:
    - syntax highlighting
    - Quick fixes for problems
    - Code completion
    - Integrated help files
    - Integrated debugger and applet viewer
  • digitalranadigitalrana Posts: 19Member
    thanks for that...is eclipse free?
    i tried to dowwnload JCreator but wile installing it had some error so i think i'll try eclipse...could u give me its official websyt?

thanks again
  • zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : thanks for that...is eclipse free?
    : i tried to dowwnload JCreator but wile installing it had some error so i think i'll try eclipse...could u give me its official websyt?
    :
    : thanks again
    :
    It's better than free: it's open source.