Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Mono mp3 files to one channel stereo, help please

jzapaterojzapatero Member Posts: 1
I need to develop a software that takes mp3 mono files and converts them into stereo mp3 files where one channel (left or right) carries the mono file, and the other one is silenced.
I will be using it to mix different files so that different messages are played on right and left speakers.

Thanks.

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAMember Posts: 1,035
    : I need to develop a software that takes mp3 mono files and converts them into stereo mp3 files where one channel (left or right) carries the mono file, and the other one is silenced.
    : I will be using it to mix different files so that different messages are played on right and left speakers.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :
    I suppose that could be done, but consider this first. MP3 is a lossy format and already suffers sound degredation, even at 256k. Now, if you were to play the audio and re-encode it, you'd lose more sound quality from an already lossy format. It would be best to either go frmo MP3 to a stereo wave, or re-rip the MP3 the way you want it.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]