Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Mono mp3 files to one channel stereo, help please

I need to develop a software that takes mp3 mono files and converts them into stereo mp3 files where one channel (left or right) carries the mono file, and the other one is silenced.
I will be using it to mix different files so that different messages are played on right and left speakers.

Thanks.

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAPosts: 1,035Member
    : I need to develop a software that takes mp3 mono files and converts them into stereo mp3 files where one channel (left or right) carries the mono file, and the other one is silenced.
    : I will be using it to mix different files so that different messages are played on right and left speakers.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :
    I suppose that could be done, but consider this first. MP3 is a lossy format and already suffers sound degredation, even at 256k. Now, if you were to play the audio and re-encode it, you'd lose more sound quality from an already lossy format. It would be best to either go frmo MP3 to a stereo wave, or re-rip the MP3 the way you want it.

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]