Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Run Minimized from Taskbar? How?

Greetings.

I am an old Pascal DOS programmer from day's gone by and am trying to port my brain over to Delphi.

I have a simple program that runs fine, but it's driving my wife crazy when it executes by popping up for a split second on the screen.

How can I get this program to run minimzed from the taskbar without popping a window up?

Thank You in advance.

~ Raven ~

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Greetings.
    :
    : I am an old Pascal DOS programmer from day's gone by and am trying to port my brain over to Delphi.
    :
    : I have a simple program that runs fine, but it's driving my wife crazy when it executes by popping up for a split second on the screen.
    :
    : How can I get this program to run minimzed from the taskbar without popping a window up?
    :
    : Thank You in advance.
    :
    : ~ Raven ~
    :
    If it has a form, then set the WindowState property to wsMinimized, that should force the program to start in a minimized state.
  • Raven21633Raven21633 Posts: 2Member
    : : Greetings.
    : :
    : : I am an old Pascal DOS programmer from day's gone by and am trying to port my brain over to Delphi.
    : : I have a simple program that runs fine, but it's driving my wife crazy when it executes by popping up for a split second on the screen.
    : : How can I get this program to run minimzed from the taskbar without popping a window up?
    : : Thank You in advance.
    : : ~ Raven ~
    : If it has a form, then set the WindowState property to wsMinimized, that should force the program to start in a minimized state.
    :

Awesome! Thank you so much!

~ Raven ~