new to c#...getting hexadecimal input from a textbox - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

new to c#...getting hexadecimal input from a textbox

NicaNica Posts: 10Member
Hi! I am new to c# programming and I wanted to create a program that would accept hex values via textbox. But, as I understand, the textbox receives data only as a string..I don't know where to start...can somebody help me? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• weiccoweicco Posts: 950Member
    : Hi! I am new to c# programming and I wanted to create a program that would accept hex values via textbox. But, as I understand, the textbox receives data only as a string..I don't know where to start...can somebody help me? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    :
    : Thanks!
    :

int n = int.Parse(textBoox1.Text, System.Globalization.NumberStyles.HexNumber);
  • NicaNica Posts: 10Member
    : : Hi! I am new to c# programming and I wanted to create a program that would accept hex values via textbox. But, as I understand, the textbox receives data only as a string..I don't know where to start...can somebody help me? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    : :
    : : Thanks!
    : :
    :
    : int n = int.Parse(textBoox1.Text, System.Globalization.NumberStyles.HexNumber);
    :
    hey! thanks a lot! :-)