Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Rendering Excel .xls files

JesseMJesseM Posts: 7Member
I'm currently writing an application that compiles a lot of information to PDF, including Excel files.

I was hoping to find some way of rendering an Excel spreadsheet without using Excel. Let me explain:

All the products out there that print Excel to PDF, export Excel sheets to JPEG or BMP, export Excel sheets to PDF, display Excel sheets on the monitor, etc... or in ANY way try to render an Excel sheet use Excel to do it.

In other words, no program tries to guess what the Excel sheet looks like without physically using MS Excel to tell it what the sheet looks like.

I was wondering if anyone knew an exception to this rule. Is there anything out there that can render an Excel sheet as a graphic, PDF, or anything else that does not use Excel to tell it how to draw this image?

Comments

• VanilleBertVanilleBert Posts: 29Member
    : I was wondering if anyone knew an exception to this rule. Is there anything out there that can render an Excel sheet as a graphic, PDF, or anything else that does not use Excel to tell it how to draw this image?
    :

I think OpenOffice can do this. And since it is open source, you can copy the code, which do this, from OpenOffice.org.