Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

video streaming

ghi_cighi_ci Posts: 1Member
Hi,I have the following problem:
My computer is connected to a remote server using a socket.The server sends a movie.....and i want to play that movie on my computer.The problem is that this movie musn't be saved on my computer....i want to play it as it comes through the socket.
I managed to resolve socket connection,but i don't know how to play those incoming bytes live.
In C# there is a class called Video,but this class only plays movies stored on the harddisk.
Plssss help

Comments

• VanilleBertVanilleBert Posts: 29Member
    : Hi,I have the following problem:
    : My computer is connected to a remote server using a socket.The server sends a movie.....and i want to play that movie on my computer.The problem is that this movie musn't be saved on my computer....i want to play it as it comes through the socket.
    : I managed to resolve socket connection,but i don't know how to play those incoming bytes live.
    : In C# there is a class called Video,but this class only plays movies stored on the harddisk.
    : Plssss help

That would be no good method, cause if their is a transmitting lag the picture would stop, jump or on MS Windows cause a crash^^
    You allways must have a buffer there you can store the incoming data until a frame is complete or if their is transmitted more than a frame. But usually you should store more than a frame in a buffer, but you only need a few seconds so if there is a lag you won't notice it at watch the movie.

I don't know a Video class in .NET so I can't tell you more.