video streaming - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

video streaming

ghi_cighi_ci Posts: 1Member
Hi,I have the following problem:
My computer is connected to a remote server using a socket.The server sends a movie.....and i want to play that movie on my computer.The problem is that this movie musn't be saved on my computer....i want to play it as it comes through the socket.
I managed to resolve socket connection,but i don't know how to play those incoming bytes live.
In C# there is a class called Video,but this class only plays movies stored on the harddisk.
Plssss help

Comments

• VanilleBertVanilleBert Posts: 29Member
    : Hi,I have the following problem:
    : My computer is connected to a remote server using a socket.The server sends a movie.....and i want to play that movie on my computer.The problem is that this movie musn't be saved on my computer....i want to play it as it comes through the socket.
    : I managed to resolve socket connection,but i don't know how to play those incoming bytes live.
    : In C# there is a class called Video,but this class only plays movies stored on the harddisk.
    : Plssss help

That would be no good method, cause if their is a transmitting lag the picture would stop, jump or on MS Windows cause a crash^^
    You allways must have a buffer there you can store the incoming data until a frame is complete or if their is transmitted more than a frame. But usually you should store more than a frame in a buffer, but you only need a few seconds so if there is a lag you won't notice it at watch the movie.

I don't know a Video class in .NET so I can't tell you more.