Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Using a java Vector return type from a web service in a C# winapp

flameboiflameboi Posts: 1Member
Hello,

Heres my scenario: I have a web service running on an Axis engine. This web service was coded in Java. Now I need to consume this web service on my C# client windows application. I have properly created a .dll from the proxy class which I in turn created using the wsdl.exe.

A part of the function that I need to access from the web service returns a Vector data type (this is in java). The function has a definition like this:

public Vector getVectorData()
{
Vector vect = new Vector();

......//codes here

return vect;
}

Now heres my problem: Im lost at as how I could consume that function call and get the return Vector value/data. .NET (C#) doesnt have a direct equivalent of the Vector data type (closest is ArrayList but still, I dont think that I can use it as a substitute). The proxy class that I created has a definition for the Vector class that goes like this:

[System.Xml.Serialization.SoapTypeAttribute("Vector", "http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap")]
public class Vector
{

///
public object[] item;
}

Could anyone please tell me how could I use in C# the vector data that is returned by my web service function? Im using VS2003 anyway running on WinXP SP2. Thanks in advance.