passing values? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

passing values?

Joe2003Joe2003 Posts: 92Member
Hey

Not really sure where to post this. I want to write a front end for some C using an html form. I want to be able to pass values from the form to the C code, and also from the C to the html form. Eg if someone types in hello on the form and clicks a button, this string is passed to the C code so it can be processed. Also I would like to be able to output dirrectly to the html.

What is the easiest way to go about this? Should I use a cgi or can I do it using a client side language?

I know this is probably better off in another section, but thought I would try :-s

Thanks in advance

Joe

Comments

• tsagldtsagld Posts: 621Member
    : Hey
    :
    : Not really sure where to post this. I want to write a front end for some C using an html form. I want to be able to pass values from the form to the C code, and also from the C to the html form. Eg if someone types in hello on the form and clicks a button, this string is passed to the C code so it can be processed. Also I would like to be able to output dirrectly to the html.
    :
    : What is the easiest way to go about this? Should I use a cgi or can I do it using a client side language?
    :
    : I know this is probably better off in another section, but thought I would try :-s
    :
    : Thanks in advance
    :
    : Joe
    :
    Client side? How would you get your C-code to possibly millions of clients? This sounds like a CGI-only solution.

But if you are trying to build a dynamic website, there are far better alternatives: asp, asp.net, php,...

Greets,
    Eric Goldstein
    www.gvh-maatwerk.nl

• Joe2003Joe2003 Posts: 92Member
    : : Hey
    : :
    : : Not really sure where to post this. I want to write a front end for some C using an html form. I want to be able to pass values from the form to the C code, and also from the C to the html form. Eg if someone types in hello on the form and clicks a button, this string is passed to the C code so it can be processed. Also I would like to be able to output dirrectly to the html.
    : : What is the easiest way to go about this? Should I use a cgi or can I do it using a client side language?
    : : I know this is probably better off in another section, but thought I would try :-s
    : : Thanks in advance
    : : Joe
    : Client side? How would you get your C-code to possibly millions of clients? This sounds like a CGI-only solution.
    :
    : But if you are trying to build a dynamic website, there are far better alternatives: asp, asp.net, php,...
    :
    :
    : Greets,
    : Eric Goldstein
    : www.gvh-maatwerk.nl
    :
    :
    fair point, will try php cause i kinda know that :-s

thanks for the hints

cheers

Joe