Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Database problem

TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 6Member
Hi,

I create a database in my application like this:
dim wrkDefault as Workspace
dim tbMyTB as TableDef
dim dfMyDf as Field

set wrkDefault = DBEngine.Workspace(0)
set dbMyDB = wrkDefault.CreateDatabase(dbName, dbLangGeneral, dbEncrypt)
set tbMyTB = dbMyDB.CreateTableDef("engine")

This works fine on my computer but on some computers I get a "Run-time error '429' ActiveX Component can't create object" on the set wrkDefault = DBEngine.Workspace(0) row. Also a "Error "The Jet VBA File...Failed to Initialize When Called" problem was reported.

I've made an installation program with Visual Studio Installer, coded the program in VB6 on Windows XP. The VBInstaller also complains that "One of more files in MSVBVM60.MSM/OLEAUT32.MSM/MDAC.MSM/MSDATLST.MSM have different versions than those installed on this machine". How can i get the installer to include all nessesary files? I'm a beginner, don't really know what im up against.

Comments

• TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 6Member
    When I registered the DAO360.dll using RegSvr32.exe the problem went away on a specific computer, might be the solution. Don't know why the VSInstaller wouldn't take care of this but, as i said - I don't know what im doing.