Problem with button creation - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Problem with button creation

SchwarzeneggerSchwarzenegger Posts: 10Member
Dear programmers:

Hello, My problem is :

I want to create a button that acts as a radioButton (but not a radioButton). What I mean is: I want that when I press the button, it remains pressed, and nothing happens, but it enables me to do some sort of action while it is pressed. (like toggle).

Now, ether I dont have that button in my toolbox (which brings me to my second question :How the hell can I add features to my toolbox in design mode???), OR I just dont know how to create this kind of button..

Sincerly yours,

Rotem

Comments

• tsagldtsagld Posts: 621Member
    : Dear programmers:
    :
    : Hello, My problem is :
    :
    : I want to create a button that acts as a radioButton (but not a radioButton). What I mean is: I want that when I press the button, it remains pressed, and nothing happens, but it enables me to do some sort of action while it is pressed. (like toggle).
    :
    : Now, ether I dont have that button in my toolbox (which brings me to my second question :How the hell can I add features to my toolbox in design mode???), OR I just dont know how to create this kind of button..
    :
    : Sincerly yours,
    :
    : Rotem
    :

This requires an owner-drawn control. Basically, that means that you will have to draw the control your self. Creating your own user-control and handling the Paint-event is probably the best option.
    Once you have successfully compiled the control, it will automatically appear in your toolbox.

Greets,
    Eric Goldstein
    www.gvh-maatwerk.nl