Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Problem with button creation

SchwarzeneggerSchwarzenegger Posts: 10Member
Dear programmers:

Hello, My problem is :

I want to create a button that acts as a radioButton (but not a radioButton). What I mean is: I want that when I press the button, it remains pressed, and nothing happens, but it enables me to do some sort of action while it is pressed. (like toggle).

Now, ether I dont have that button in my toolbox (which brings me to my second question :How the hell can I add features to my toolbox in design mode???), OR I just dont know how to create this kind of button..

Sincerly yours,

Rotem

Comments

• tsagldtsagld Posts: 621Member
    : Dear programmers:
    :
    : Hello, My problem is :
    :
    : I want to create a button that acts as a radioButton (but not a radioButton). What I mean is: I want that when I press the button, it remains pressed, and nothing happens, but it enables me to do some sort of action while it is pressed. (like toggle).
    :
    : Now, ether I dont have that button in my toolbox (which brings me to my second question :How the hell can I add features to my toolbox in design mode???), OR I just dont know how to create this kind of button..
    :
    : Sincerly yours,
    :
    : Rotem
    :

This requires an owner-drawn control. Basically, that means that you will have to draw the control your self. Creating your own user-control and handling the Paint-event is probably the best option.
    Once you have successfully compiled the control, it will automatically appear in your toolbox.

Greets,
    Eric Goldstein
    www.gvh-maatwerk.nl