Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

The message boards

Why in most of the programmers website I've visited, the message boards are always awful. I mean, why don't use something free like PhpBB or bbactif.com ???

It's impossible to have a clear conversation in your archaic message boards.....

Comments

• casio-games.tkcasio-games.tk Member Posts: 35
    : Why in most of the programmers website I've visited, the message boards are always awful. I mean, why don't use something free like PhpBB or bbactif.com ???
    :
    : It's impossible to have a clear conversation in your archaic message boards.....
    :
    Yes I would love to see more than one reply at the same time!

But I would bee really disappointed if Ph just bought some standard forum like vBulletin.

If you got some time Tore...Think about it
    [hr][hr]
    Don't write pH, write Ph!

• CabochonCabochon Member Posts: 3
    : But I would bee really disappointed if Ph just bought some standard forum like vBulletin.

Why the hell? :P

• casio-games.tkcasio-games.tk Member Posts: 35
    : : But I would bee really disappointed if Ph just bought some standard forum like vBulletin.
    :
    : Why the hell? :P
    :
    :
    :
    Because this is a programming site !! The forum should be programmed by the webmaster not vBulletin.
    [hr][hr]
    Don't write pH, write Ph!

• CabochonCabochon Member Posts: 3
    : Because this is a programming site !! The forum should be programmed by the webmaster not vBulletin.

Who cares?

Great. The forum is programmed by the webmaster, but i am not gonna use it a lot because of the interface.

Why always tring to recreate things? The PhpBB team have programmed a free and open-source forum.

I'm just wondering why a programming site(good, though) should not use a forum programmed by other programmers?

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Member Posts: 549
    : Why in most of the programmers website I've visited, the message boards are always awful. I mean, why don't use something free like PhpBB or bbactif.com ???
    :
    : It's impossible to have a clear conversation in your archaic message boards.....
    :

I know the current forum has some issues and a new one is actually under development, probably it will be deployed this summer I hope.

Why I don't use Vbulletin or PHPBB?

Because:

* I want it to be fully integrated into the rest of the site.
    * Same login as for the rest of the site.
    * Also its a security issue and I like to know the code I deploy on this site. As I have seen that other boards has had their security issues.

/WEBMASTER

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]