Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

serial port sniffer ( spy or monitor)

matyimatyi Member Posts: 7
Friends ! I need help !
I have to write a programme in Visual C++ 6 which can listen or sniff the serial port, but without opening the port. The sniffer and the programme which communicates through the serial port has to be on the same PC, I have to write a program which can read ( or listen ) the data that goes out and comes in from the serial port, BUT NOT TO OPEN THE PORT, to let communication programmes communicate through serial ports.

If anyone has an idea how to write this sniffer programme, please send me a advise.

Many thanks !
Szilard

Comments

• babarmirzababarmirza Member Posts: 1
    : Friends ! I need help !
    : I have to write a programme in Visual C++ 6 which can listen or sniff the serial port, but without opening the port. The sniffer and the programme which communicates through the serial port has to be on the same PC, I have to write a program which can read ( or listen ) the data that goes out and comes in from the serial port, BUT NOT TO OPEN THE PORT, to let communication programmes communicate through serial ports.
    :
    : If anyone has an idea how to write this sniffer programme, please send me a advise.
    :
    : Many thanks !
    : Szilard
    :
    Hi dear!!
    If you are able to write this program then can i get its code for review, As i have my semester Assignment on the same topic and by curse of nature my one arm is fractured in an accident..
    Help is needed
    Babar