Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

combo box prob 2

enha0501enha0501 Member Posts: 3

I have several forms where we update students information.We have a form that allows users select the name of the student in a combo box.The drop down list consists of student name,course,year in a single row.

The problem is that there are duplicates comming up in the dropdown list. like the same student information is duplicated 3-5 times.and bcoz of that the drop down list has increased to 9000rows.
I have also checked the background query that is working to get the list of student information in the combo box but even the query is showing duplicate rows,thought the source table doesnt have any duplicates in it.

Its been working well and all these days but some how this problem has arised and causing hinderance at workplace.

Please reply with a possible solution.

Thanking you
enha0501

Comments

• splansingsplansing Member Posts: 140
    :
    : I have several forms where we update students information.We have a form that allows users select the name of the student in a combo box.The drop down list consists of student name,course,year in a single row.
    :
    : The problem is that there are duplicates comming up in the dropdown list. like the same student information is duplicated 3-5 times.and bcoz of that the drop down list has increased to 9000rows.
    : I have also checked the background query that is working to get the list of student information in the combo box but even the query is showing duplicate rows,thought the source table doesnt have any duplicates in it.
    :
    : Its been working well and all these days but some how this problem has arised and causing hinderance at workplace.
    :
    : Please reply with a possible solution.
    :
    : Thanking you
    : enha0501
    :

Your source query is joining your students to some table that uses the StudentID for each student more than once. So, you are getting a hit for every record RELATED to that student's record, not just the student table. Since you are not displaying any information from this other table, I recommend that you drop any tables from your background query that you are not using to display information.